Answer shuffling

Answer shuffling

by Alex Kittavong -
Number of replies: 9

My answers in the Multichoice keeps shuffling randomly. I found the setting where you turn it off. I have it turned off, but it still shuffles the answers. Thoughts?

Attachment Screen Shot 2012-07-10 at 1.41.09 PM.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alex Kittavong

Re: Answer shuffling

by Alex Kittavong -

A little more info about the problem. I created a Lesson where on one page they watch a video, the click next to a Question page that i made as their "Quiz", that's where the question is at and where the shuffling is happening.

by Rob Johnson -

I think your screen shot is the default settings for answers shuffling as set for the quiz module by the site admin.  Is this correct?

Secondly, that setting will not affect settings in the lesson module (I think).  Lesson and quiz both use questions, but are separate modules.

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

@Alex, as I replied to you in the Lesson activity forum, it is really difficult for us to understand what you are trying to achieve if you do not stick to the "Moodle terminology".

Let me repeat once more: in Moodle the Lesson and the Quiz activities are two totally separated and unrelated activities. So it does not make sense to use both terms in the same sentence.

Joseph

by Alex Kittavong -

It's a question page used in the lesson module. I turned that into a "Quiz" page. That's what i meant, sorry. Like i said before also, i am still new to this. Here is what I am trying to achieve.

Each lesson will have a tutorial video, after they watch the video, I want them to take a "quiz" after the video. Someone on here told me that Lesson module is the best way to do that. So the answers in the Question page inside of the Lesson module are shuffling. I am understanding more that this is related to "Lesson" and not "Quiz"

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Sorry, Alex, but you keep mixing up the terminology so I give up. I do hope some other moodler more patient and understanding than me will eventually help you out.

Joseph

by Rob Johnson -

Hi Alex,

According to the documentation, lesson does not allow answer shuffling to be turned off.  Assessments in the lesson module are called question pages.

The quiz module may be better suited for what you want to accomplish.  You can place your video in a description question.  This question type is not scored.  Then you would have your scored items following.  Quizzes (not lesson module) can be paginated.

Rob

In reply to Rob Johnson

by Alex Kittavong -

Ah ok, I see that. I don't see a place in the Quiz settings where it can be paginated.

by Paula Clough -

Alex,

If you are using Moodle 2x,  you can set up the pagination on the edit quiz page> order and paging  page.

Under the buttons for adding a question or a random question, is a button called "Add a page here".  That will put in a page break after the previous question. If you make a mistake, it is easy to move the page break up or down.

Paula B=)

Attachment quiz question page.jpg