Updating Articulate Couse file

Updating Articulate Couse file

by Dan Dolen -
Number of replies: 5

Hi All!

My co-worker Elsa and I are trying to update an Articulate Course.

We have uplaoaded the new Zip file and deleted the old Articulate file, yet the old file, which has been deleted, is what shows up when played.

Do we need to delete the SCORM folder first, before we upload the new Zip file??

We are using Moodle 1.9 and Articulate presenter.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Dan

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dan Dolen

Re: Updating Articulate Couse file

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

How are you uploading the new zip? - if you are just replacing it via the file system you will need to open the settings page for your scorm package and resave which will trigger an update and it will re-check the zip or you need to have the "Auto-update frequency" set to a value like every day or every time it's used (but that's pretty performance heavy if not required) so that Moodle can regenerate the files used by the SCORM package.

But - there are some known issues with 1.9 and auto-update so it's best to trigger the update by opening the scorm settings page and re-saving when required.

Also - make sure your web browser hasn't cached the files causing the older versions to load.

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Dan Dolen -

Thanks Dan!

We cleared the browser cache and now the new file is playing.

One problem though, everything works fine, except the "Outline" for the Articulate Course disappears when the play button is clicked.

Here is the Link:

http://elearning.ilgateways.com/mod/scorm/player.php?a=150&scoid=688

Thanks again and in advance for your help!

Dan Dolen

In reply to Dan Dolen

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

cool - Moodle 2 handles the browser cache a bit better so when you update the pacakge it will usually end up with new urls to the content so that the old file in your cache isn't used.

I'm not sure what you mean by the outline disapearing - screenshots might help?

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Dan Dolen -

The List of Slides Disappears (Outline) when the play button is clicked.

I'm not sure how to do a sceenshot.

I ran the file through SCORM cloud, the manifest is great, so I think this is a Moodle issue and not an Articulate problem.

Thanks,

Dan

In reply to Dan Dolen

by Dan Marsden -

There are a range of settings that control how the TOC is displayed - the player in Moodle 2 is a lot better than the player in Moodle 1.9 too and gives even more control.

IF the TOC you are referring to is the one provided from Moodle - not from a custom TOC you have created in your package then....

When using the option to open the scorm in a new window only the content of the SCORM package will be displayed inside the new window (this is more customisable in Moodle 2)

If you edit the SCORM's settings you will also see the option "course strucuture display" which will also control how and where the TOC is displayed to the user. As mentioned there are a lot more options for controlling the TOC in Moodle 2 and the player is a lot better and more reliable.