Export Grades with a group field.

Export Grades with a group field.

by Rob Monk -
Number of replies: 4

We have a course with 124 students in 5 groups. 

I want to be able to export the grades into excel and do some analysis based on the different groups the students are in. 

The only way I can do this at the moment is to run 5 separate exports and cut and paste them into the same sheet while adding the group name manually. (Am I missing something.)

It would be way easier if, in the export, a group name field was exported as well.

Is this possible?

In reply to Rob Monk

Re: Export Grades with a group field.

by Daniel Lombardo -

Moodle 2?

I have a reasonable work around for you. You need to edit 2 lines of a file in the moodle directory. Plus, you would have to be able to sacrifice either the Institution or the Department field from your user profiles. If you can do these 2 things, let me know and I'll give you the advice.

In brief, as you know, both the above mentioned fields appear in the grade export. So, it is possible to use them for your own purpose. If you do, then you need to stop students from editing them in their profiles - and I know how.

Get back to me.

In reply to Daniel Lombardo

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

This would be a good option to have.  I deal with groups too - maybe a tracker request?

In reply to Daniel Lombardo

by John Schroeder -

I'm trying to solve the same problem.  What are the PHP lines you addressed?  I found the locations where they are generated in the grade_export_xls.php, but I don't know what variable to use.