Export overall averages - Moodle 1.9x

Export overall averages - Moodle 1.9x

by Matt Long -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

I'm trying to find a way to export the 'Overall averages' row from the Moodle gradebook (along with the corresponding assignment names) in Moodle 1.9x. Is there any way to do this? Our administrators would like to evaluate the assignment averages for courses each semester to see where improvements could be made. Currently, the export seems to exclude the 'overall averages' row (listing only the assignment names and student-specific grades). Thanks in advance for any help or advice!

Cheers,

Matt

In reply to Matt Long

Re: Export overall averages - Moodle 1.9x

by Bob Puffer -

Seems that much more reliable information could be obtained from your ERP system in the event that many teachers change what they officially post from the Moodle gradebook (at least in our case).

In reply to Bob Puffer

Re: Export overall averages - Moodle 1.9x

by Matt Long -

Thanks for the reply, Bob! Unfortunately, we're in the process of switching ERPs, and our previous system only required teachers to input their final course grades. I'm not sure if the new system will be different (they haven't moved grades over yet). You're right about teachers changing grades in Moodle; I think we would only gather the results after the grades were finalized and the course was closed. 

I was mainly checking to see if this had already been done by a mod or was not too difficult to do with the current setup. Creating a Macro for the spreadsheet that is currently produced may end up being the simplest course.

Kind regards,
Matt