Playing Articulate - It worked in v1.9!

Playing Articulate - It worked in v1.9!

by John D. Black -
Number of replies: 8

I’m trying to do something that I used to do in Moodle Version 1.9 with no problem. Now I’m running 2.2.3.

I’ve created a presentation in Articulate. Formerly, I used Presenter; now I’m using Storyline (which is so powerful and simple that I believe will be a game-changer). I can load it as a SCORM, but I don’t want to do that. Instead, want it to simply load like a website.

I compiled it for web (not LMS) and Storyline created a folder with all the components. When I opened the folder and clicked on the story.htm file, the presentation played in my web browser. So I added a ‘File’ resource in my Moodle course, uploaded the zipped file, and unzipped it. I can’t figure out how to point to the story.htm file. When I return to the course and click the link, it shows my all the resources in the file. Clicking on story.htm no longer plays the presentation.

What am I doing wrong?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to John D. Black

Re: Playing Articulate - It worked in v1.9!

by Rob Johnson -

For the story.htm, you need to "Set main file."

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Rob Johnson

by John D. Black -

Thanks, Rob. I had unzipped the folder, which the documentation says not to do. However, what is say to do doesn't seem to be working. The documentation says to leave the folder zipped and "click on the name of your unzipped folder to get inside it." When I try that, the folder doesn't open and instead I get the following menu:

prompt

It doesn't offer the choice of looking inside the zip file.   :^(

by Rob Johnson -

Are you referring to Moodle documentation?

Please try unzipping, and setting story.htm to "Main file."

In reply to Rob Johnson

by John D. Black -

Sorry, Rob. I should have sent the link to the documentation where it says not to unzip.

I did what you suggested and, as you can see, I still don't have the choice of setting the main file.

unzipped file

by Rob Johnson -

Hi John,

I think the documentation page needs to be revised.  Unzipping is necessary.  I have no clue why you do not see the option to set main file.  I see that option on my 2.1.6+ production site, a 2.2.4+ test site, and a 2.3.1+ site that was just upgraded from 2.1.  I searched, and could only find this in the tracker.

What happens if you upload a different group of files individually.  Do you see the option then?

In reply to Rob Johnson

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi John. I wrote that documentation  (it doesn't clarify that you need to unzip so I just changed it)  I have got similar types of set up working. Can you confirm  that you uploaded a zipped folder to the "add a file" resource, then unzipped it and then clicked on the story html icon to set the main file? If you are able to somehow send this articulate to me I will test it for you. I am not sure either how you don't see the main file and that tracker issue is new to me MDL-29556

In reply to Mary Cooch

by John D. Black -

Hi Mary,

I tried attaching my project file but it's too large. So I used a smaller Articulate Storyline project, created another File resource in Moodle, and it allowed me to set the main file. Next I created a third File resource and tried loading my original project. This time it worked and I was able to set the main file.

My conclusion is that my original File resource got corrupted somehow.

(BTW, are either you or Rob going to be at the Los Angels moot next week? Love to meet you there!)

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Oh excellentsmile Don't know about Rob but I can't be at the Los Angeles Moot as I can only get to faraway places if people buy me a plane ticketsmile That said, I had already bought my own plane ticket (along with our family's) to France for a few day's break  next week anyway. (France not being a faraway place to me, therefore affordable!)