PayPal plug in

PayPal plug in

by Madeleine Rollason -
Number of replies: 7

Hi everyone

I'm having serious problems with the PayPal plugin, I was using moodle 2.1 and PayPal didn't work with that, payment went through but you couldn't get onto the course so we decided to upgrade to moodle 2.3 and still it doesn't work, however I do get the following error message from the system:

'MJBTraining Limited: Transaction failed.

Business email is Michael.betts30@ntlworld.com (not
michael.betts30@ntlworld.com)'

I've looked at the settings through site addministration->plugins->enrolments->paypal and the email settings are correct.  Does this plugin work at all?  I've been at this problem for 2 weeks now and could really use some help.

Thanks in advance

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Madeleine Rollason

Re: PayPal plug in

by Madeleine Rollason -

I have set up the ipn at paypal and still no luck with this, when testing I get this error message on the site - '

'Thank you for your payment! Unfortunately your payment has not yet been fully processed, and you are not yet registered to enter the course "Manual Handling - Load Handling". Please try continuing to the course in a few seconds, but if you continue to have trouble then please alert the Teacher or the site administrator' 

it would be nice if at least someone from the moodle community acknowledged my request for help.  Much as I admire and respect the moodle community I'm beginning to think I should throw in the towel with moodle as it has given me more headaches than any other open source software I've used.

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

HI Madeleine - I saw your latest post about annual messages and took a look at your other unanswered posts to see if I could be of assistance. Please don't think the Moodle community is not acknowledging your requests for help and please don't throw in the towelsmile I have found an unresolved tracker issue about this Paypal problem here MDL-33474, which doesn't help, but does suggest you are not on your own. There is a coding fix here MDL-16144 .

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Madeleine Rollason -

Hi Mary

Many thanks for your response and thank you for the links.  I have been able to resolve the PayPal issue though it took me a while.  I now need to deal with the annual renewal of a course - if I'm able to resolve it I'll let feedback to the forum, I'm just amazed this issue hasn't been flagged before.  If you know of any plugins or work around I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you again  

by Sarah Jane -

I would be very interested to read how you deal with the annual renewal of a course, please.

Sarah x

In reply to Sarah Jane

by Pat Kenney -

In case some other poor soul is having trouble with PayPal and keeps getting the message: "Thank you for your payment! Unfortunately your payment has not yet been fully processed, and you are not yet registered to enter the course "Résumé Writing". Please try continuing to the course in a few seconds, but if you continue to have trouble then please alert the Teacher or the site administrator"

...after trying a bunch of bug fixes, I remembered I have my development site blocked by .htaccess password protection which was preventing PayPal from returning information to Moodle.  As soon as I disabled the password protection, PayPal started working fine.  If you're having this PayPal issue, make sure there is nothing blocking PayPal from communicating with your server.

In reply to Pat Kenney

by Sarah Jane -

Hi there

My paypal is not working and I wondered if it had anything to do with the ".htaccess password protection" can anyone tell me how to disable this please.

Sarah x

In reply to Sarah Jane

by Sarah Jane -

No worries - it seems I don't have an .htaccess file so this isn't causing the problem I have.