HELP HELP HELP!!!!! - Stopped by PHP extension on instillation.

HELP HELP HELP!!!!! - Stopped by PHP extension on instillation.

by C. M. -
Number of replies: 6

I've run into a snag with the instillation process trying to install Moodle 2.2.4+ (Build: 20120719) on my Network Solutions, Unix, web server.  (See screenshots below for more details.)  I could not use the 2.3.1 version becasue my server does not have MySQL 5.1.33.

Now, I am not experienced in dealing with PHP, MySQL, and servers (I'm trying to teach myself), therefore please make your instructional steps easy to follow without a lot of technical jargon.  (Layman's terms please.) Screenshots and bullet point steps are preferred.

Please help....  I feel as if I'm almost there in the instilation process. Thank you.

Installing Moodle

Here's the version of PHP MySQL I'm using:

Average of ratings: -
In reply to C. M.

Re: HELP HELP HELP!!!!! - Stopped by PHP extension on instillation.

by Guillermo Madero -

Hi,

You need to send a ticket to your hosting provider and ask them to enable the zip and the intl PHP extensions.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Guillermo Madero

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

You may need to ensure that you site is using the required version of PHP

To check what version of php you are running, create a new file, add the lines: 

<?php

phpinfo();

?>

Save it as info.php to your apache/htdocs/ folder and in your browser run it with   server/site/ip/info.php and the title bar will tell you what version is being used.

In reply to Colin Fraser

by Guillermo Madero -

Hi Colin,

The environment check page actually shows the PHP version being used:

php -- version 5.3.2 is required and you are running 5.3.4 -- OK

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to C. M.

by C. M. -

You guys are FANTASTIC!!!!  Thank you both from coming to my aid so quickly.

Here was the problem:
On Network Solutions, and per your first post Guillermo, I followed your advice and called them to "enable the zip and the intl PHP extensions".   However, the technitian stated that he could not enable these items because I was on a "shared" web server.   Therefore, I purchased my very own Virtual Server with the most advanced versions of MySQL and PHP so I may run Moodle's, most recent, 2.3.1 version.

I'm going to give this another go with the installation.   I may be back asking for your help again.

Working through the kinks and fingers' crossed.   Thank you both again for your advice.

In reply to C. M.

by C. M. -

Oh... PS:

MySQL sever version =  5.1.61 and my PHP version = 3.4.10.2

Therefore gentlemen, I'm "good to go" for Moodle's 2.3.1 version ... Right?

In reply to C. M.

by Guillermo Madero -

Hi,

MySQL 5.1.61was released in January 2012, and is part of the previous Generally Available release (5.1). The current GA is 5.5. Anyway, version 5.1.61 is fine as the minimum required for Moodle 2.3.1 is MySQL 5.1.33.

However, it seems you've got the PHP version number wrong. That version number corresponds to a phpMyAdmin release, not a PHP one. You just need to check that you have a PHP version equal or greater than 5.3.2.