Problem with Course completion status block

Problem with Course completion status block

by Maryel Mendiola -
Number of replies: 6

Hi everyone

I'm using Moodle 2.3.1+ (Build: 20120712)

and Course completion status block does not show teachers view to see the group report

even with teacher role, I have only student view

student view with teacher role

Should I need to active some settings now? 

any advise will be really appreciate smile

Kind regards,

Maryel

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Maryel Mendiola

Re: Problem with Course completion status block

by Mike Walters -

Same problem!

I am just testing a new site prior to launch on 2.3 (Build: 20120625) and have found the same problem.

If a user is enrolled into a course with ANY role then they cannot see the course report, only their own completion status.  If I enter the course as admin, without being enrolled, I can see the report okay.

I've checked the role assignments for report/completion:view and it is set to Allow for all roles from non-editing teach upwards.

Not sure what I am missing but it's driving me nuts!

Mike

UPDATE:  As a bit of a test, I took the Course Completion block files from a 2.2 installation where it is working fine and replaced the 2.3 block.  The error persists, so I don't think it is a problem with the block, rather the capabilities...

In reply to Mike Walters

by Mike Walters -

Incidentally, this one is in the tracker already > MDL-34476

I have added some details there to try to get a resolution as it seems to be a bug in 2.3

Mike

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mike Walters

by Maryel Mendiola -

Thank you so much Mike smile

Iv'e applied Nadav's patch and now this block works OK

Kind regards,

Maryel

In reply to Mike Walters

by Tim F -

Problem: When I am enrolled as a student it shows 0 of 50 regardless of the actual completion status indicated by the activities...ideally this would reflect the actual completion status

As an admin it shows correctly the completion status of the different users...

is this a problem with the settings I have for the block or is it a bug?  (I have played with the settings quite a bit but it doesn't seem to be working)...

im in moodle 2.3

In reply to Tim F

by Adam Crampton -

I have the same problem, also running 2.3.

When logged in as a student, it says "0 of x" next to Activities completed, even though activities have actually been completed. The Course Report (when logged in as admin) shows activities completed, so I'm a bit confused.

Any help would really be appreciated.

In reply to Adam Crampton

by Doug Moody -

But that's not the only problem with this issue. Also, it doesn't count down properly the numebr of days remaining in the course. Plus, there is only a dropdown for 30 days. My courses are typically 180 days long.