Alfresco cloud

Alfresco cloud

by Chad Outten -
Number of replies: 8

Hi, I just noticed Alfresco Cloud is now available. They don't appear to have released an api for the public cloud. This will no doubt give Moodlers another option for the Alfresco repository. 

Might this involve Moodle-side development -> to create a new repo plugin that hooks into alfresco public cloud api or will it simply be a case of entering the new api url for a new instance with the existing alfreso repo plugin for moodle?

Chad

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chad Outten

Re: Alfresco cloud

by James Fletcher -

Hey Chad,

I'm James Fletcher, Product Marketing Manager for Cloud at Alfresco. I saw your post and thought I would update you guys.

The vision here at Alfresco is you shouldn't need to re-develop just because it's the cloud so we'll have one API which works for both so your exisiting configurations will work, it'll be a case of pointing it in the right direction.

The API is due to hit around early fall, and mobile APIs will follow. Meaning you could integrate and develop with every part of the repository smile

Hope that helps, James.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to James Fletcher

by Chad Outten -

Great news, James. Thanks for the heads up. Chad

In reply to Chad Outten

by Chad Outten -

Looks as though Alfresco have released their public cloud api. You can signup for a developer account at https://developer.alfresco.com

Moodle has a repository plugin for alfresco. I've activated the alfresco repo plugin but don't know what the alfresco api url should be? See attached. Also, I created an alfresco developer account, but there's no place to put the API key on the moodle site.

Has anyone been able to successfully integrate their public cloud alfresco site with moodle? If so, steps or documentation please. In not referring to on-premise alfresco.

Attachment Screen Shot 2013-01-22 at 3.10.17 PM.png
In reply to James Fletcher

by Louise Bennett -
Any updates on this? I'd love to try Alfresco Cloud out with Moodle, but I'm not even sure where to begin.
In reply to Louise Bennett

by Michael Fraser -
Hi Louise, As mentioned earlier, the way Alfresco Cloud works is that you interact with content in your on premise Alfresco <-> Moodle, and also mark some of that content to be shared in your Alfresco Cloud from time to time as you need to from your on premise Moodle (so that it can still act as the "single source of truth"). The Andresco Moodle-Alfresco plug-in that we develop is something you can download and try out from Google code (code.google.com/p/andresco) and is compatible with v4.1.1 of Alfresco which has the Cloud sync features. Depending on your Moodle version, you may need our internal beta of andresco rather than the GCode project one which is yet to be updated with the latest patches. Let me know if you want a copy or any other help with setting up an architecture with Moodle-Alfresco-Alfresco cloud. Cheers, Michael.
In reply to Michael Fraser

by Matteo Scaramuccia -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi All,
is there any plan to introduce, in the Moodle core and/or in the Andresco version, the full support of SSO when running both Moodle and Alfresco under CAS? I mean an improvement of repository_a[lf|nd]resco::print_login() to allow Alfresco tokens being created on behalf of a super user, trusting the CAS username without prompting the (Moodle) user for her/his credentials.

It requires an improvement in the Alfresco PHP API - e.g. Alfresco_Repository::authenticateOnBehalfOf() - and probably (I'm not familiar with Alfresco APIs) in Web Services too - e.g. a new AuthorizationService::createSessionOnBehalfOf(usernameToBeImpersonated, username, password).

TIA,
Matteo

In reply to Matteo Scaramuccia

by Michael Fraser -
Hi Matteo, Andresco has recently been updated from the previous model of static tokens to doing dynamic token generation from a superuser for single sign on without prompting a user, for Alfresco resource viewing, selection and upload from Moodle - see http://code.google.com/p/andresco/wiki/151and152 for full details. We are working on some other fixes at the moment and planning to release another version to the Google Code project soon, but if you want the interim version (1.5.1) with the new auth.php scripting in it, just email us from the GCode project site. Cheers, Michael.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Michael Fraser

by Matteo Scaramuccia -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Michael,
cool! Thanks for the update and... sorry Community for the thread hijacking (Cloud and CAS are not the same thing wink).

Matteo