We are using Moodle 1.9.5
I am wanting to:
1. Identify users in a single course who's last login is before a certain date.
2. Once I identify those users I wat to unenroll them from that single course but keep thier account in the system.
Here is what I have tried and what has not worked:
1. Bulk user action: Thought this was my simple solution, but alas it wasn't. I created a filter that identified the correct users from the course but the only way I could see to unenroll that list of users was to a)display that list on a new page, and b) then click each user, c)click the course, and d) click uneroll me from X course. Cumbersome, time consuming, but technically achieves my goal.
2. Enrollement expiration: I turned on enrollement expiration to 365 days for this course and sent the start date for the day the course was created (weve had this set to unlimited enrollement for the past 2 years). My hope was this would automatically remove anyone who had been enrolled more than 365 days (basically work retroactively) but that seems to not be the case. All my users are still there.
3. Participants block: I went to the participants block and limited the list to those who had been inactive for more than 8 weeks. It identified the people, but again, no simple way to select all and enroll. I could unernoll each indvidually.
Am I missing a simple step here? I would like to avoid going into the php as others have recommended. Is that my only solution?