External repository for scorm modules

External repository for scorm modules

by Rosa Lago -
Number of replies: 1

Hello.

I have four moodle 2.X platforms installed on a server. They have many courses that use the same scorm modules, I mean, platform A has a course X that uses a scorm that is used in the other platforms as well.

As a consequence, I have to upload these enormous scorms every time I want to use them and the data folders of that platforms grow very quickly. Another problem is that if I want to change something in a web page contained in a scorm module, I have to modify the page, then modify the scorm module and then upload that module to every course in all platforms that use it (supposing than any student hasn't started it yet).

I am wondering whether it is possible to use some sort of repository to solve this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Rosa.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rosa Lago

Re: External repository for scorm modules

by Rosa Lago -

Hello again.

Since nobody writes anything I am going to write a response. One possible way of doing it is by

going to Site administration >> Plugins >> Activity modules >> SCORM package

and enabling "Enable external package type".

Then unpack the scorm module we want to use in a folder located at the server as a repository. Then when we want to use it in a course we select External Scorm Manifest as the scorm type, and type the url of the imsmanifest.xml of that scorm at the repository folder. It works and stores the student current status without any problem.

But... this is not a safe method because any user or program could download the scorm contents and use them. If we use a filter to allow request to the repository folder which have for example moodleX in the HTTP_REFERER, this is not safe because any user can say that was the url that redirected him to our page.

Any other idea?

Thanks in advance.

Rosa