Hidden Resource

Hidden Resource

by andrew castle -
Number of replies: 2

Hello all!

I have a "Page" resource on my front page in the "summary of site" area. It is hidden, but I have a button that links to it. I want everyone, including visitors to be able to click the button and be directed to the page. Only logged in users can successfully use the link to see the resource.  Guests are sent to the login page. I have guest permissions for the resource set to view/view hidden. Am I missing something? Visitors CAN access the page if I make the resource visible.

Help?

Attachment snap.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to andrew castle

Re: Hidden Resource

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Andrew. Don't use the page resource in the central topic section - instead - add the main menu block ,add a page from there, get the URL to make the hyperlink to your button and hide the main menu block. That way guests won't be asked to log in. Also ,you could ensure that in Settings>Site admin>users>permissions>user policies it is set to auto-login guests.

In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Hidden Resource

by andrew castle -

Thanks, that did the trick. I had the system set to auto-login guests, so it was really perturbing me that they couldn't see the hidden resource. Placing the page in the menu block and hiding the block works like a charm. Incidently, if I hide the page, guests still have to log in to view, even if I have guests permission set to allow view hidden resource. I wonder if this is by design?