Making changes to aardvark_postit

Making changes to aardvark_postit

by Darlene Murphy -
Number of replies: 4

I am using version 2.2 of Moodle and using aardvark_postit as my theme.  I want to make a few more changes to it and do not know where this has to be done.  On my firefox bar where it says for here http://moodle.org/mod/forum/post.php?forum=29  For my site it currently sayshttp://localhost:25799/ on that bar.  How can I change this?  Also when you bring the site and and before you login beside the login is a moodle type logo, can this be changed.  I have changed my picture, favicon and name for the site.

Thank you

LadyDee

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Darlene Murphy

Re: Making changes to aardvark_postit

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

To answer your first question, you could try this tutorial.
Regarding the Moodle logo in the header, this can be changed in the Custom Settings page for this theme. You will find a link to Aardvark Post-IT's own settings page, if you go to Site Administration > Appearance > Themes >>> at this point you will see a list of links. The first two are to Theme settings and Theme selector, whereas the rest of that list refers to all the themes which have customised settings. So CLICK on the Aardvark Post-IT link and you will be presented with a page where you can add a background image, add a logo, change the color of your hover link and add your own CSS as well as add some text to the footer.

HTH

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Darlene Murphy -

Mary, I have made those two changes, like the background setting and the logo, but when you first bring the page up there is an icon right beside the login and password that is the moodle logo as well.  I want to know how to change this?

LadyDee

In reply to Darlene Murphy

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Oh the Owl-like Avatar?

To chang this icon you need to add icons of your own to match the size of the ones in aardvark_postit/pix_core/u/...

these are...

f1.jpg (100px by 100px)
f2.jpg (35px by 35px)
user35.jpg (35px by 35px)
user100.jpg (100px by 100px)

In reply to Mary Evans

by Darlene Murphy -

Thank you Mary, You are always great with your answers.  I appreciate it.

LadyDee