Can I create SCORM content package in moodle?

Can I create SCORM content package in moodle?

by Jean Michel -
Number of replies: 5

Hi, I know there are many external tools that let you creation of new SCORM content packages I can import in Moodle, but... can I create new packages in Moodle or using some plugin or similar?

Thanks.-Jean Michel

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jean Michel

Re: Can I create SCORM content package in moodle?

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
In reply to Dan Marsden

by Jean Michel -

Hi, and thanks Dan, though my question was focused more in knowing about tools or functionality inside moodle platform... it's all about user experience, because we don't want learners have to go out of Moodle to create the content packages, and then coming back to import it. 

In reply to Jean Michel

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

taken from the link above:
"Moodle does not generate scorm content. Moodle presents the content in SCORM packages to learners, and saves data from learner interactions with the SCORM package."

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Dan Marsden

by Jean Michel -

Yes Dan. My question is completeley answered now (a categorical "No"). But I am wondering why Moodle after so many years of good development and with a huge community haven't support to create and manage this kind of contents, and only is able to import them.

Thanks for your answer Dan.

In reply to Jean Michel

by Dan Marsden -

Why? - because it doesn't really make a lot of sense. see MDL-13837 for a discussion that you might find interesting.