LAE and scales

LAE and scales

by Elena Ivanova -
Number of replies: 8

Hi Bob, I have a question smile

I have an instance where the following happens. 

Moodle 1.9.17 (Build: 20120312)

Scale: 0, 1, 2 

Grader report shows this (any mode): 

screen

LAE report shows this: 

screen

LAE report in the editing mode shows this (the same as Grader Report): 

screen

This happens to other scales I have tried, and only in Category Totals. If I override the category total manually, it will still show different info in LAE when in editing vs non-editing mode.

Does not seem to depend on the aggregation method. I used SWM for screenshots. If I use WM, it will also show different things in LAE/

Do you have any tips?

Thank you!

In reply to Elena Ivanova

Re: LAE and scales

by Bob Puffer -

What is the setting for accuratepoints?  Does it change if you change that setting?  I'll take a look at it. Incidentally, you may want to update your 1.9 laegrader code to what I have in my github.  The css is cleaned up to provide a better table appearance and avoids most conflicts with customized themes.

In reply to Bob Puffer

by Elena Ivanova -

It is checked. I cannot uncheck it to test, since it is production and other courses can be afected. sad

by Bob Puffer -

Hi Elena,

Settings should allow you to uncheck for the course only.
Bob

In reply to Bob Puffer

by Elena Ivanova -

hm, I am wondering now -  may be this instance has an old LAE? I cannot find wher I can check/uncheck this for the course. 

I went to Grades > Settings > Course . Found Accurate POINT TOTALS Hide or Show dropdown

My preferences also does not have any checkboxes. 

Where those should be? smile 

ps. is this link still good for download

by Elena Ivanova -

update

pff. yes, once I switch   Grades > Settings > Course >  Accurate POINT TOTALS to  Hide, then the issue goes away.
I guess my question is - why is it so, and what does it do? 
May be you have some documentation?  smile

by Bob Puffer -

Accuratepoints disregards Moodle's category and course total points calculation (they call "real", which defaults to 100) and totals it up accurately.  We use the laeuser report as do a lot of schools which also implements the accuratepoints.  We also use a hack that's not in the wild for the Categories and items tab so it is in agreement with our other reports on the category and course total points.  The fact that your editing values are different than your non-editing values is a bug in how scales are processed.  I'm looking at it now and expect to fix it today.  I'd still encourage you to download the latest version off my github as the css has been generated off from the 2.3 version which is a lot better and less likely to cause browser or theme problems as new browser version emerge.

by Bob Puffer -

Hi Elena,

I've fixed a bug whereby scaled grades weren't utilizing the accuratepoints calculations correctly -- that is in my github.  I'm wondering if you have a fairly old version of the laegrader since my version does not allow editing of category or course totals when accuratepoints is enabled so I don't see a scale dropdown for category total.  

Also, here's the LAE Grader Report Moodle Docs page. This would normally be arrived at through clicking the footer link at the bottom of the report but all those links for 1.9 have been broken.  I've fixed my doc_link() function (weblib.php) to work correctly for the new location of 1.9 docs.