Gradebook showing all students

Gradebook showing all students

by Denny Trujillo -
Number of replies: 7

Hello, my institution is currently evaluating Moodle and we have an issue with the course gradebooks. Currently, when we click on Gradebook under Settings > Course Administration, it populates the gradebook with all the students in Moodle, instead of just displaying the students registered in the course. How can we configure Moodle to only show records that are active and registered in the course for a given course gradebook?

Thanks for the help!

In reply to Denny Trujillo

Re: Gradebook showing all students

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Which version of Moodle are you using?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Denny Trujillo -

by Denny Trujillo -

Any ideas what could be causing my issue?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

What is your default role for all users (in Settings>site admin>users>permissions>user policies)?

Have you edited the default student role at all?

Which enrolment methods do you use for your courses?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Denny Trujillo -

Hi Mary, all the user policies are set to default. We're using the moodle web API for course and student registration. If I look at "Participants" for a specific course, it does only list the students active in the course. It's just the gradebook that's showing all student users, and not just the onces active in the course.

Visitors = guest

Guest = guest

All Users = Authenticated user

by Denny Trujillo -

by Mary Cooch -

Are you able to DM me an admin login I will happily take a look - I am available for the next 10 hours. Can't guarantee anything but obviously two heads are better than one and sometimes one person might notice something that another might miss.