Grid Format not working with 2.3

Grid Format not working with 2.3

by llywelyn morgan -
Number of replies: 8

Hi

The grid format has lovingly been used on our school site.  We are currebtly testing the upgrade to 2.3.1 but grid format doesn't seem to want to install.

The screen hangs without showing 'success' after confirming to upgrade the moodle database.

Any ideas to solve this would be hugely appreciated.

Llywelyn

Average of ratings: -
In reply to llywelyn morgan

Re: Grid Format not working with 2.3

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Dear Llywelyn,

There have been some significant changes to Moodle 2.3 course formats that affect all contributed formats that were based upon the core topics or weeks formats.  As this is a major undertaking to rewrite for the developer, I suspect Julian has not had the time yet to do so for the Grid format.  Therefore until then I suggest uninstalling it following the instructions that should be in the readme.

To get your courses to a standard format edit the 'course' table in the database and change the 'format' field to 'topics' for the affected courses.

Cheers,

Gareth

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Boris Puhanic -

Hi Gareth,  I'd also like to uninstall Grid format from 2.3, but the de-installation instructions that should be in the 'readme' don't appear to be there.  Could you please provide some or show me where I can find them?  Thanks.

Boris.

In reply to Boris Puhanic

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Dear Boris,

Oh pants, you are right, there are no instructions in the readme.txt when there should be, I'll add as soon as I can.

To uninstall, with 'Maintenence Mode On', remove the 'grid' folder in '/course/format', then drop the tables 'format_grid_icon' and 'format_grid_summary' and finally remove the row for the 'plugin' of 'format_grid' in the 'config_plugins' table in the database, then put 'Maintenence Mode Off'.

Cheers,

Gareth

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Boris Puhanic -

Great. Thank you.

In reply to Boris Puhanic

by Andrew Chambers -

Is there a date that the grid format will be fixed for 2.3? I was going to trial it but it it is broken then I guess I can't...