Articulate SCORM files - Display in current window - Perfect fit

Articulate SCORM files - Display in current window - Perfect fit

by Nano A -
Number of replies: 6

Is there any Articulate user over there on moodle 2.2 or 2.3 that has been able to acheieve this.

I am trying to avoid launching a popup screen, but I can't find a way to display the SCORM files properly.

I have made a couple of posts regarding this issue in SCORM section and also in the theme section, but had no luck.

This is how it looks when I insert the SCORM file from Articulate Presenter or Storyline.

I am desperate now as the site needs to go live and can't figure this one out.

Thanks

EDIT:

These two threads where I asked this before are added for reference:

SCORM Section

http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=205853#p897883

Theme Section

http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=185129#p898639

And this is how it used to look in 1.9 (before upgrading)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nano A

Re: Articulate SCORM files - Display in current window - Perfect fit

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

you might need to contract a CSS guru or Moodle Partner to help.

it should be possible for a CSS guru to use something like firebug to track down whatever is causing the size issue but they would need access to your site and possible funding for their time.

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Melissa Tommarello -

I have been struggling with the exact same issue since we upgraded to Moodle 2.2 a couple months ago.  According to the Moodle Partner we are working with this is not controlled in the CSS.  They have suggested that is part of the SCROM object itself, however this was never how our modules appeared when we were on 1.9 - They have only appeared like this since the upgrade.

In reply to Melissa Tommarello

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

The SCORM player in Moodle 2 has changed to improve reliability and usability, in Moodle 2 it will always embed your SCORM package within an iframe/object on the page - in Moodle 1.9 it opened the SCORM package in a new window but kept the Moodle SCORM API in a parent window - this caused issues with pop-up blockers/IE 7 communication errors, and the usability was nasty - when closing the pop-up window you were left with a "dumb" page stating the user could return to the course when they had finished with the SCORM - The 1.9 player also had a range of issues around using the full window space available and other reliability issues, the new Moodle 2 player fixes most of these and allows us to improve the usability and reliability further.

If your SCORM package is creating the space at the top/bottom you will need to adjust your SCORM content to stop doing this. If this isn't an option there may be something we could do within Moodle to improve it but it would require development time to fix - if your Moodle Partner isn't able to do this work for you drop me an e-mail and I can provide details on our rates.

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Sami Hwang -

Hello Dan, we are using several scorm modules as activities within Moodle 2.1 and

wanted to add some functionality and to fix issues regarding scorm and conditional activity.  One example of desirable function is that we want to make a completion check mark appear only when users complete a scorm module. Currently, the completion mark appears when users get into only part of the course and they come back to a course list.  Could we contact you as well? I found a similiar discussion from the following forum.

http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=155149

Activity Completion settings for SCORM activities. Currently there are the 2 standard options:

"Require View" & "Require Grade".

In my mind these seem inadequate. Would it be possible to add another option for SCORM activities: "Require SCORM Completions Status", which would look for cmi.core.lesson_status=completed in the mdl_scorm_scoes_track table?

Sami

In reply to Nano A

by Sami Hwang -

What is the original size of your scorm module? I mean the weight and hight of your Articulate project.  If it is too big, you might need to scale down.

I am not sure this advice can be useful to you or not. But I will try anyway.

In order to avoid a pesky pop-up window, I also choose current window instead of new window. The thing is you cannot adjust your window size in this setting. Thus, the way I do is

1. to go back to the new window setting
2. to enter the appropriate size of the weight and height
    (In my case, I put 860 for weight and 600 for height.

This is a similiar size to my project size.)

3. After that, to select the current window setting.

We are using Moodle 2.1 and I created the scorm module with Captivate 5.5 Good luck with your project.

Sami