I'm upgrading the AJAX Marking Block to better support core modules, but I'm not sure under what conditions I should make unmarked workshop submissions show up for the new workshop in 2.x.
At the moment it finds any submissions in workshops that are not closed, where you have not assessed them yourself. Is this enough to cover all use cases? Things I need to work out:
- Are there use cases where you (the teacher) would not do an assessment at all?
- Do you want to see new submissions during the submission phase so that you can then allocate them to assessors?
- In the grading evaluation phase, will it be useful to have a single pop-up of some sort per submission (as per all other items in the AJAX marking block), or is it best to just have a link to the main workshop page as happens at the moment.
- The normal mode of operation for the AJAX MArking block is to remove stuff that needs attention as it's dealt with so that your 'total to mark' gets lower. Is there any indicator (or combination of indicators) for submissions in the grading evaluation phase that would show that you are happy witht the grade? I get the impression that just leaving the automatic grade calculation in place is often the way things are done.
- If there's no way to tell, I could make a single-submission popup grading interface that would offer the option to mark the automatic submission grade as OK (using a separate DB table) so that it would be removed from the total to mark and you could keep track. Would this be useful?
All thoughts and comments appreciated!