Questionnaire (plugin)

Unable to view questionnaire reports for all users

Picture of Michael McCarthy
Unable to view questionnaire reports for all users

Hi!

So, I'm having an issue in moodle, very similar to the issue reported in this thread: http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=171398

Basically, despite being an administrator and having all permissions, I am unable to view the questionairre report for users (and neither are the teachers, which is why I've been told about the issue). I am, like all other users, still able to see my own survey results.

I've already confirmed that the questionnaire is a private questionnairecreated in the course based on a template questionnaire in another course, as detailed here: http://docs.moodle.org/23/en/Setting_up_a_questionnaire#Public_questionnaire_roll_out_to_multiple_courses

Currently, I am using Moodle 1.9.9+ (Build: 20100901), though I'm not sure how to check what version of the questionnaire module we are using.

Does anyone know what's going wrong?

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Joseph Rézeau
Re: Unable to view questionnaire reports for all users
Group DevelopersGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup TestersGroup Translators

Sorry but I cannot replicate this problem. Please check the questionnaire permissions (capabilities) for the admin and teacher roles.

Joseph

Well that's just it, my permissions are all set to allowed.

Would it be possible that if the questionnaire was set to some other value when created, there would be the same problem?

There is some custom code within our moodle course, but none of it should affect this - is there a variable somewhere I should look for that toggles whether or not the view all responses tab displays?

Picture of Joseph Rézeau
Group DevelopersGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup TestersGroup Translators

"is there a variable somewhere I should look for that toggles whether or not the view all responses tab displays?"

No, if the readallresponseanytime and readallresponses capabilities are set to Allow, then the person having that role should see the All responses tab.

From your screenshot it looks like you are showing the capabilities at system level. Are you sure that those same capabilities are enabled at the Questionnaire level? as per attached example.

Joseph

So, while the values were all set to inherit (which said they should inhereit 'enabled') turning them to enabled instead fixed it.

That's weird, but thanks so much for solving this!!

Mt. Fuji

I have the same problem of not being able to view any of my students responses to a questionnaire. I did go and check the permissions and set an override for the teacher role so that instead of being 'inherit' it is now 'allow'. (see attached screenshot) I don't see why there would be a need for this but I've done it anyway and I still can't see any of my students' responses.

This is the first time I've used the Questionnaire module under Moodle 2.x (I'm using 2.2.2+) but I never had a problem like this under 1.9.

If I can't see the results there really is no purpose right?! sad

Jason

Mt. Fuji

I still cannot see any of the responses my students have made to my questionnaire. sad

It is a private questionnaire, I am using it in the course it was created (of course), and I am the admin as well as enrolled in the course as a teacher.

When I first went to the questionnaire, it wanted me to take the questionnaire. I thought maybe I wasn't allowed to view all of the results until after taking the questionnaire so I took it. Now I can see my results but still none of the students'.

This is all I get. Again, this module is not of much use if I can't actually view the results of a questionnaire.

Jason

Mt. Fuji

Shame shame shame on me. sad

My apologies for complaining about questionnaire functionality here. I thought my students had complete the questionnaire but, in fact, they had not. The questionnaire module does not indicate that questionnaires are in progress (as the quiz module does) so I didn't realize that my students were taking their leisure time to complete it.

I enrolled a test account in the course and then logged in using that account to take the questionnaire and was able to see the results without issue. Then I logged in as a couple of students and see that they have started but not finished the activity.

This mistake was 100% my fault but it could have been avoided if there was some kind of indication that students are currently taking (but haven't completed) the questionnaire. That's my little feature enhancement request. smile

Jason

Picture of Joseph Rézeau

Jason "The questionnaire module does not indicate that questionnaires are in progress (as the quiz module does)..."

I expect your questionnaire is set to "Save".

It's not easy to display "some kind of indication that students are currently taking (but haven't completed) the questionnaire". Where would that piece of information be displayed? What would it display: names of students who have saved but not submitted ?

Joseph