Legacy File Enabled but Cannot See Files

Legacy File Enabled but Cannot See Files

by Nancy K Hoke -
Number of replies: 5

Greetings - we are in the process of testing and finalzing for upgrade to 2.3. On our test server we have installede Moodle 2.3 and brought over a copy of our production site.  In Repository Legacy Files is set to Enabled.  We see the folder with the name legacy - in both Admin and the File Picker - However the files are are not in the folder.  We can see them from the back end on the server.  What step did we miss to bring the files into the folders for the courses?  We are on Linux and test Moodle 2.3. 

As always thank you so much - Nancy K.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nancy K Hoke

Re: Legacy File Enabled but Cannot See Files

by Thomas Eibel -

Hi, I face the same issue.

After updating from moodle 2.2 to 2.3, cannot find no files in the new moodle-installation. I get the error-message:
"This legacy resource type (file) was not yet migrated, sorry."

If I press the button "Update this file", the same error-message shows up again:
"This legacy resource type (file) was not yet migrated, sorry."

Nancy, do you have any clue for me?
Best regards, Thomas

In reply to Thomas Eibel

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

What does one get when running this query in MySQL at the DB for the Moodle having issues?

select * from `mdl_files` where `status` like "1";

If you see other information concerning those files - like a recognizable filename ... ie a 'wizard.gif' file ... that you know is supposed to be showing in something (label, page, etc.), try changing the '1' to a '0' for that record.

Then see if the image shows in Moodle.

'spirit of sharing', Ken

In reply to Nancy K Hoke

by Cheryl Tyler -

Hi Nancy/Thomas, did you enable the legacy course files in the Settings>Course Administration>Edit Settings as well?

In reply to Cheryl Tyler

by Thomas Eibel -

Hi Ken and Sheryl, thank you for helping.
we could solve this issue now ...

At my moodle-installation, the admin did not stop the moodle 2.2 server before copying the moodle-instance. Thus, legacy files were not copied to the test installation (we updated to 2.3), since they were blocked obviously. Means, the legacy-files were not copied to the test-instance, physically not stored where they should have been and therefore not accessible.
At least, the error-message was little bit confusing to us ...

We did the copy-process again and now the update-process from 2.2 to 2.3 worked fine.

Best Regards,
Thomas

In reply to Nancy K Hoke

by Steve Ricketts -

I'm getting killed on this.  Upgraded from 1.9, 2.1.9, 2.2.6, 2.4 and don't have any legacy files showing.  I get the infamous "This legacy resource type (file) was not yet migrated, sorry."

if I run select * from `mdl_files`, it comes up with no files.

In Repository Legacy Files is set to Enabled.

I've enabled legacy course files in the Settings>Course Administration>Edit Settings for each course is Yes

I see legacy course files in course administration, but it's blank when you go there.

Site Admin > Plugins > Repositories > Manage repositories, Legacy course files are Enabled and Visible

Site Admin > Plugins > Repositories >Common Repository Settings Legacy course files in new courses is checked

Site Admin > Plugins > Repositories >Legacy course files page is blank, just shows the title "Configuration for legacy course files repository"

I've verified that my dataroot in config.php is pointed at the proper directory.  However, this is a shared server and my moodledata is within my web root so I've commented out the proper bits in install.php.

Does anyone have a solution for this?.. or is there a way to import my old moodledata files into the new database.  Any help greatly appreciated!