I've been tring to upgrade my localhost from 2.2.3 to 2.3+ before I upgrade the production server and have ran into this error (screen shot below). I have tried an upgrade on the database I originally had. Then droped the tables and imported production server database. Have removed all the files (backed up first) and tried the upgrade with a freshly downloaded Moodle version this afternoon.
have searched forums and google for ideas but no luck.
Debug Text reads:
SELECT COUNT('x') FROM mdl_backup_files
Error code: dmlreadexception
- line 407 of \lib\dml\moodle_database.php: dml_read_exception thrown
- line 864 of \lib\dml\mysqli_native_moodle_database.php: call to moodle_database->query_end()
- line 1337 of \lib\dml\moodle_database.php: call to mysqli_native_moodle_database->get_records_sql()
- line 1410 of \lib\dml\moodle_database.php: call to moodle_database->get_record_sql()
- line 1581 of \lib\dml\moodle_database.php: call to moodle_database->get_field_sql()
- line 1564 of \lib\dml\moodle_database.php: call to moodle_database->count_records_sql()
- line 1547 of \lib\dml\moodle_database.php: call to moodle_database->count_records_select()
- line 60 of \lib\db\upgradelib.php: call to moodle_database->count_records()
- line 232 of \lib\db\upgrade.php: call to upgrade_mysql_fix_unsigned_columns()
- line 1481 of \lib\upgradelib.php: call to xmldb_main_upgrade()
- line 275 of \admin\index.php: call to upgrade_core()