Never Asked for Admin Username and Password

Never Asked for Admin Username and Password

by Jay Domnitch -
Number of replies: 4

I installed version 1.4.4. I'm woking on a LAMP server. Everything seemed to go smoothly during the installation. I went to myname.com and the install.php came up smile I went through the process and everything seemed fine. The program never asked me for an admin username and password.

I tried logging in using admin/admin for my username and password and I got the following error message.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, support@supportwebsite.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache/1.3.31 Server at www.mydomainname.com Port 80

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jay Domnitch

Re: Never Asked for Admin Username and Password

by raju malav -
hi ...
when u open ur address where u install ur moodle for example..
http://localhost/moodle
then it will show u a home page to you.u can see a LOG IN at the top right side of home page..then only when u provide username and password it will open ur admin account other wise u havt to login as a guest...
keep it in try...
bbye
In reply to Jay Domnitch

by Shane Elliott -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers
If you can access the database directly (eg using phpMyAdmin) then you can manually create your admin account. Check out:

http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=19561&parent=92786

In reply to Shane Elliott

by Jay Domnitch -

THANKS-O-MILLION!!!!

I'm up-n-running.

Jay

In reply to Jay Domnitch

by Ger Tielemans -
I just wondered when it happened to me: When the installation went wrong I closed my browser and reopened it agnain and Moodle took up the installation process from that point. What if someoen else would visit the side on the same moment? Is he now your admin.