General help

Logo image for TeachRemote LLC
Quickmail - At Compose - Get blank screen

Installed Quickmail 2.2 to our  Moodle 2.2.3 (Build: 20120514)

Install of Quickmail was confirmed as successful. Block appears as it should. But... when I click on "Compose New Email" (even when I click on Signatures, View Drafts... same problem) it goes to a blank screen. The URL reads "...courses/moodle/course/view.php?id=6". I have waited for up to 5 minutes to see if it is just loading something but nothing. ??? The only menu option that opens in the Quickmail block is Configuration. Having this same problem on two separate applications of Moodle. (Sites are hosted on GoDaddy).

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Lawrence N
Re: Quickmail - At Compose - Get blank screen

Michael,

Turn on developer debugging and let us know what was displayed

Never tried this but.... after turning on debugging this is what shows on the screen now. Nothing else shows on the screen.

Sorry about that. Just realized I replied but did not include the pasted debug. Here it is...

Notice: Undefined variable: DB in /home/content/06/9331606/html/courses/moodle/blocks/quickmail/config.php on line 14

Fatal error: Call to a member function get_record() on a non-object in /home/content/06/9331606/html/courses/moodle/blocks/quickmail/config.php on line 14

Quickmail gets blank screen. Anyone able to help figure cause? Turned on debug and get the following:

Notice: Undefined variable: DB in /home/content/06/9331606/html/courses/moodle/blocks/quickmail/config.php on line 14

Fatal error: Call to a member function get_record() on a non-object in /home/content/06/9331606/html/courses/moodle/blocks/quickmail/config.php on line 14

Picture of Mike Churchward
Group DevelopersGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Testers

Looks like you are using a version of the Quickmail block that was developed for pre-Moodle 2; probably 1.9. Go to the plug-ins database and look for one that is compatible with Moodle 2.2.

Mike

Figured out issue with Quickmail showing blank screen.

We use Collapsed Topics course format. I turned that off and went back to standard Topics Format now Quickmail works fine. We will simply change the format settings from Collapsed Topics to standard when we use Quickmail.

My picture
Group Particularly helpful Moodlers

Hello Michael,

I am experiencing the same problem in Moodle 2.2.4 using collapsed topics.

Did you find a solution for this?