Getting activities block contents into header?

Getting activities block contents into header?

by Darren Smith -
Number of replies: 1
I am working on improving moodle navigation for my site.

It occurred to me the header doesn't really do much, it is fairly consistent and easy to hack big grin so I have put some navigational links in it (see attachment) with a view to providing a tabbed interface and a more personalised environment.

What have done now is worked out if the user is looking at the course homepage and if they are then lost the breadcrumbs / navigation bar and put a link to the things they would probably want quick access to (assignments, grades and files).

This is fairly hard coded and would be neater if this list was just made up the same way the activity block is (so it is unique to every course) . I tried copying and pasting all / various bits of the block code but don't really understand it! It would probably be better if I could just 'call' the results of the block rather than repeating the code IYSWIM.

All help welcomed approve

Regards

Darren
Attachment cap_001.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Darren Smith

Re: Getting activities block contents into header?

by Darren Smith -

No? Ok, how about a bit of help with the syntax for doing it this way in the header:

if assignment_ module is used on this course { echo (" print image and link"); }
if echo-assignment_ module is used on this course { echo (" print image and link"); }
if quiz_ module is used on this course { echo (" print image and link"); }

I bit more clunky (but simpler for me to understand!) and it's still better than what I have now, which is a set of all activities regardless of whether they are used in the course or not.

Thanks

Darren