Exporting and Importing Lessons

Exporting and Importing Lessons

על ידי Lanny Buettner בתאריך
מספר תגובות: 4

I have a lesson in one Moodle shell which I want to transfer to another.  I don't see any way to export or import lessons.  Is there a way to do it? 

Lanny Buettner

ממוצע דרוגים: -
בתגובה ל: Lanny Buettner

Re: Exporting and Importing Lessons

על ידי Maryel Mendiola בתאריך

Hi Lanny

Since Moodle 2.2 you are able to make Lesson backup and restore it anywhere

If your Moodle is 2.2+ then you can backup your lessons, if not . . . don't wait to upload your site חיוך

Kind regards,

Maryel

בתגובה ל: Maryel Mendiola

על ידי Harald Schnurbusch בתאריך

Hi

We have a problem restoring lessons in our Moodle installation (2.3.1+; 2012-08-09). When you start the restoring process (step 5 of 7) the web server runs out of time and the lessons are not imported.

Do you have any idea what may be the problem here? What additional information do you need?

Regards Harald

בתגובה ל: Harald Schnurbusch

על ידי Joseph Rézeau בתאריך
תמונה של Core developers תמונה של Particularly helpful Moodlers תמונה של Plugin developers תמונה של Testers תמונה של Translators

Hi,

1.- Are you restoring to your moodle 2.3 lessons which have been backed-up on the same platform (and version) or from an earlier version?

2.- What comes to mind immediately when a timeout occurs is that your lessons have lots of material in them. How big is the restore file?

Joseph

בתגובה ל: Joseph Rézeau

על ידי Harald Schnurbusch בתאריך

Hi

We tried various versions:

- Lesson from demosystem: Created, stored and restored on the same system. Didn't work.

- Lesson from demosystem to live system: Created, stored on demo, restored on live. Didn't work.

Demo and live system had the same versions, i.e. 2.3.1, 20120809.

The problem started off with one of our lecturers who created his lessons on a public test server whose moodle version is a later version than ours (our 2.3.1, 20120809 to 2.3.1, 20120907 or now even 2.3.2). You get a warning that there may occur problems in this last case due to missing backwards compatability which is quite understandable. But it should at least work with the other two cases, especially if you stay on the same server.

May it have to do something with the kind of database we (have to) use? It's not MySQL but MSSQL.

The filesize is 515KB but I also tried to use a smaller lesson with 66KB. No students data included. Only text, mimetex formulas, images are being used.

I'll try to create a lesson on the live system on Monday, store and restore that one on the live system. That's the only case missing.

Meanwhile any hints on what could cause the problems is welcome. If you need more information, please ask.

Regards, Harald