LDAP Enrolment AD attribute mapping

LDAP Enrolment AD attribute mapping

by Vince DiScipio -
Number of replies: 1

We are setting up enrollments using AD.  We have been using eDir for several year successfully, but are required to change.  My issue is on the LDAP enrolment plugin configuration page, when I put displayName as the attribute to use as full name I get an error on import because of null value in the attribute fullname.

== Synching RELS-12000-02-1213FA
Creating Course RELS-12000-02-1213FA...Cannot create course: missing required data from the LDAP record!
stdClass::__set_state(array(
   'idnumber' => 'RELS-12000-02-1213FA',
   'fullname' => NULL,
   'shortname' => 'RELS-12000-02-1213FA',
))
failed

Also when I change "update local data" to yes, it does not stick in the configuation.  We are Moodle 1.9.18 (Build: 20120514) Any help would be appreciated

Vince

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Vince DiScipio

Re: LDAP Enrolment AD attribute mapping

by Iñaki Arenaza -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
As far i can see in my W2003 AD domain (can't check W2008 from here), groups don't have a displayName attribute (while users certainly do). So that would explay why you get an empty value for that attribute.

Regarding the 'Update local data" and "Lock value" settings, they have never worked (the underlying code was never implemented) and have been finally removed in Moodle 2.0 and later versions.

Saludos.
Iñaki.