Can not login as admin after 2.2.3 upgrade

Can not login as admin after 2.2.3 upgrade

by Stew Walker -
Number of replies: 2

I had a 1.9.12+ moodle instance and its MySql database which is holding 2000+ courses, 24000+ student accounts. I went thru the process of upgrading 1.9.12+  to 2.1.6+ with no problem except for the amount of time it took.. All weekend. It appears to be golden. I've not found any problems.

I created a dump.sql file from the 2.1.6+ database. Restored the dump file into a new schema (database). Downloaded Moodle 2.2.3 from GIT and went thru the upgrade procedures with this new instance of Moodle.

I went to the new instance of moodle/admin/index.php.. I was promply asked if I wanted to upgrade. Upgrade completed with out any problems. As far as I can tell this instance is now 2.2.3+ (Build: 20120615) (2011120503.06). After pressing the continue button I was prompted with the login page.

I am unable to login as admin.. I keep getting the Invalid login, please try again.
I am unable to login using my LDAP username and password.. HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request

Can't turn debugging on nothing in the /var/log/httpd log files.

After crusing around in the various forums I'm wondering if the database has some plugins or modules that might be causing this? Its working in 2.1.6+ though.

Also.. I didn't do anything with the saltpassword in the config file. Is that bad?

Would really appreciate any help or guidance you could provide.
Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Stew Walker

Re: Can not login as admin after 2.2.3 upgrade

by Stew Walker -

Just found this.. Might be helpful - http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=204809

Thanks Ken.

In reply to Stew Walker

Re: Can not login as admin after 2.2.3 upgrade

by Stew Walker -

Now logging in as admin I'm getting the .. HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request.

humm wondering what up with this?