Hot Potatoes Quiz not allowing students to check results

Hot Potatoes Quiz not allowing students to check results

by Steve McGuire -
Number of replies: 4
I'll make this quick because I probably am missing something basic. I made a CLOZE using Hot Potatoes (on a Mac, if that's relevant) and uploaded the quiz to Moodle 2.0.8 with no problem.

When students do the close and click the CHECK button, nothing happens. I thought it was because I had set some sort of time limit for them to take the quiz, but that is not the case.

Is there a simple basic setting I'm missing? I will keep looking.

TIA.

Steve
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Steve McGuire

Re: Hot Potatoes Quiz not allowing students to check results

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Sounds like a JavaScript error. Please confirm  you are using the latest version of HotPot module - if in any doubt, please install the latest version from the Moodle plugins repository.

thanks
Gordon

In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Steve McGuire -
Gordon,

Thank you, that was it. I'm going to upgrade to 2.3 when it comes out but after this semester is done. That would probably have "solved" this problem, too, but I needed it to be working now.

Thanks.

Steve
In reply to Steve McGuire

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

HI Steve,
you don't need to wait for Moodle 2.3. The latest version of the HotPot module works in all known versions of Moodle 2.x, including Moodle 2.0, 2.1 and 2.2.

Please arrange for the latest version of the HotPot module to be installed in whatever version of Moodle 2.x you are using:

Once it is installed, I am pretty sure it will fix the issues you have been having.

best regards
Gordon

In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Steve McGuire -
Gordon,

Thanks for the followup. Sorry if I wasn't clear. I _did_ download the updated plugin and it _did_ solve my problem.

What I meant with my mention of 2.3 was that I might have just waited to upgrade to 2.3 and I was thinking that hotpot would be an updated version, but that would be wrong, wouldn't it. I'd still have to manually install the plugin, I guess.

Either way, thanks to your first suggestion I'm up and running.

Steve