Lesson question not following logic specified

Lesson question not following logic specified

by Lanny Buettner -
Number of replies: 2

I'm trying to develop lessons (using Moodle version 1.9).  I want the students to do the questions at staged points through a lecture, so my first question is a "numerical" question with a four digit number that I will give when  I want the students to attempt the first question.

Here are my settings:

Page Contents: "Enter the code given in class to see question 1"

Answer 1: 4949

Response 1: Correct.  Proceed to question 1.

Jump to: Next Page  Score 1: 0

Answer 2: blank

Response 2: Blank

Jump to: This page  Score 2: 0

All the rest are blank.

It is my expectation that if I put in the correct pass number, the program should give my response 1 and go on to the next question.

If any other answer is given, it should give a default response or no response, and repose the question 1.

What in fact happens is this:

If the correct answer is put in, the response is: Not quite. Would you like to try again?  

It provides two buttons: "Yes, I'd like to try again." and "No, I just want to continue to next question."

If I click on the first, it reposes the question.  If I click on the second, it takes me to the 2nd question.

If I put in a wrong number the response is exactly the same as above.  The only difference between the button responses is if you click the one that says I'd like to continue, it does not go on to the next question, but reposes the first question.

Now it is doing what it should but the responses don't seem to correspond with how the program should work.  Any suggestions?

Note: in the main lesson settings, I have the setting for "display default feedback" set to "no."  For what it's worth, I've had it set to yes and I get the same results. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lanny Buettner

Re: Lesson question not following logic specified

by E. L. Cooper -

Yea that happens. I have edited the language pack so that the two options are Yes I would like to try again and Practice Makes Perfect- you must try again but I also give feed back tickling the student to the needed response- for example you should re read page blah blah in your text book

Average of ratings:Useful (1)
In reply to E. L. Cooper

Re: Lesson question not following logic specified

by John Siefer -

Very diplomatic way to handle that!  Thanks, this is exaclty what I was looking for.