Moodle for iPhone app uploads

Moodle for iPhone app uploads

by Dave Perry -
Number of replies: 6
Picture of Testers

Where do these get put? I uploaded a photo from the app on my iPhone, then looked in my private files area (using web browser on my PC as no sign of how to browse your files area from mobile app) and no sign of it.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dave Perry

Re: Moodle for iPhone app uploads

by Jérôme Mouneyrac -
Hi David,
to access your private file aera: Navigation block > My profiles > My private files

Note that you can also access the private file aera from the file picker when adding a file in Moodle.

Try on Moodle 2.3, the file picker has been redesigned and looks very good + drag and drop support ;)

Cheers,
Jerome
In reply to Jérôme Mouneyrac

by Dave Perry -
Picture of Testers

Jerome - there is nothing in my private files area. Even though the app says it uploaded the file from my phone (photo) successfully.

If the 2.3 drag and drop uploader is the one showing on this forum now, that is very nice and give it a whirl. We had a meeting yesterday and decided we'll definitely look at the upgrade once our start of summer training week is over (people rely on it being the way they're used to for a million different sessions) so hopefully we can go up to 2.3 then.

In reply to Dave Perry

by Jérôme Mouneyrac -
I tried again with Moodle 2.3 it still works well. Can you try with qa.moodle.net teacher/test ?
PS: this site is reset every hour so you'll have to delete/add the site in the app every hour.

by Dave Perry -
Picture of Testers

It still failed, even on your site. I tried it 3 times, and it said Completed [tick] every time.

I used my O2 (mobile phone) data account do this, so no network firewalls in the way (which I would usually blame as the problem if using college wifi). This is odd. To confirm, the address that I should see them at is:

http://qa.moodle.net/user/files.php

[for your moodle site] ?

In reply to Dave Perry

by Jérôme Mouneyrac -
Yes it is the right place. Can you try with the audio recorder? Do you have the latest app version?

by Dave Perry -
Picture of Testers

I got the error "Invalid token - token not found", twice, when it came to actually uploading the audio recording (it confirmed the file size and the Upload / Cancel buttons, but then didn't appear to send the file correctly). The first time I didn't re-login to moodle via the app, but the second time I re-authenticated to your QA moodle (which made no difference).

I believe it's the latest one, I updated it first week of June which should mean it's the end of May release.