Quiz Defaults

Quiz Defaults

by Chris Wheatland -
Number of replies: 3

Is there a way to change the default settings for questions types? It's a small niggle, but every time I create a calculated question (which I do a lot since I teach physics) I change the "correct answer shows" to 3 significant figures instead of 2 decimal places, since this is far more useful for huge and tiny numbers like we use in physics.

I would like to set the default to "correct answer shows 3 significant figures" to avoid 2 extra clicks. I know it doesn't sound much but when you're making 30-40 questions it begins to wear thin.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chris Wheatland

Re: Quiz Defaults

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

There is no way to do this unless you can edit the code. If you can edit the code, find the line

$repeatedoptions['correctanswerlength']['default'] = 2;

in question/type/calculated/edit_calculated_form.php and change 2 to 3.

It would be nice to have a page where you can set the defaults for new question of each type, but no one has done that yet.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I was thinking about that recently. Where would you put such a default setting page, in the plugins settings?

In reply to Marcus Green

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Admin -> Plugins -> Question types -> Multiple-choice, for example. It is perfectly possible qtype_stack has a settings page there.