Short answer - bug in Reports?

Short answer - bug in Reports?

by Elena Ivanova -
Number of replies: 2

I think I have found a bug in  the Reports > Detailed Statistics for Short Answer questions that have several answer choices. 

• Create a Short Answer question: e.g. 2+2=
  • Add two correct answer choices: 4 and four
  • Take a lesson as a student, typing first possible correct answer: 4
  • Review results as an instructor and notice that the answer is marked to be wrong
  • Take a lesson as a student again, typing last possible correct answer: four 
  • Review results as an instructor to see that the answer is marked to be correct
So, if you have 2 or more possible correct answers in the Short Answer question, usually only the LAST answer from the list will be marked as correct on the Reports > Detailed Statistics screen for the instructor. Other correct choices will be marked as wrong on that screen, and for some reason will be duplicated.
(Student will see "correct" message though, and calculation of the total for the lesson attempt will be fine, so this is mostly confusion to the instructor).
Screenshot attached.

I have 2.2.3. Also happens on the 2.3 QA site. 

Anyone can confirm the same results? What is your Moodle version? I will report a bug then, if we do not have one already smile

Attachment lesson.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Elena Ivanova

Re: Short answer - bug in Reports?

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Well-spotted, Elena! I can reproduce this bug on my local install of Moodle 2.3. Strangely, the buggy display happens on individual reports, not on the Detailed statistics page. See attached.

Please report the bug and give us the bug reference in a further post here.

Joseph

Attachment 15-06-2012 23-26-53.jpg