Allocate Submissions - Workshop

Allocate Submissions - Workshop

by Bianca B -
Number of replies: 8

Hello, I'm trying to create a workshop online and although i have completed all the steps, I'm facing a problem on the "Allocate Submissions" tab. I would like to choose manual allocation but there isn't any option there (as you can see in the picture). So, I tried to choose "Random Allocation" and after I saved the changes, nothing seems to happened and the "Allocate Submissions" box is still not filled. When I login as student, I see a message that says "The workshop is currently being set up. Please wait until it is switched to the next phase", so I can't do anything.

I'm looking forward to your reply as soon as posible!!!
I am a postgraduated student and Ι have a deadline for my assignment.

Thanks in advance!!!

Attachment Manual Allocation.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bianca B

Re: Allocate Submissions - Workshop

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Have you checked all your steps in the Workshop documentation? http://docs.moodle.org/22/en/Workshop_settings

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Bianca B -

Yes, all of them! It's the only thing that i can't do, as you can see below.

Attachment 1.jpg
In reply to Bianca B

by Rob Johnson -

Have students submitted anything?  Your screenshot shows zeros for the number expected, and submitted.  It does not look like you have anything to allocate as of yet.

In reply to Rob Johnson

by Bianca B -

No they haven't yet, but when I login as student I see a message that says "The workshop is currently being set up. Please wait until it is switched to the next phase", so I can't do anything. How can i know that it is working?

Thanks for all your answers!!!

In reply to Bianca B

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Have you switched your workshop manually to the next phase by clicking the lightbulb? It doesn't appear that you have.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Rodolfo Siles -

Ah, the lightbulb! I was going nuts trying to solve the same problem and it was so simple, Thanks!

In reply to Bianca B

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Bianca

You should check "done-checkboxes" for the current phase only (highlighted tag in green). Once you have all of them completed (as are those three in the attached picture), switch the workshop into the next phase as Mary suggests. Students will be able to submit their work. And once all of them have their work submitted, you can allocate them and switch the workshop into the next phase again.

In other words, as long as you have the workshop in the initial Setup phase, don't try to have tasks from other phases completed. I can see what confused you as the Allocate submissions was the only not completed task in this workshop. But that is just a coincidence. It seems there are no real users enrolled into the course yet (expected: 0) and so the Workshop considers all tasks done even if nothing was actually done yet (eg. in the Grading evaluation phase).
In reply to David Mudrák

by Bianca B -

Thank you all for your answers!!!

It seems to work after what Mary said. And then students can submit their work, as you said.

Thank you very much!!!