How do I use moodle to manage a mysql database and integrating the webpage to my website?

How do I use moodle to manage a mysql database and integrating the webpage to my website?

by Einar Rosario -
Number of replies: 11

I builded a website using wix. Now I want to integrate a database to my website and wix does not support database management. I designed the database using xamp and mysql on a local server. My plan was to enter data on the database locally using a database interface and then upload it to the moodle webserver for users to query for information (The web page only displays information using reports). I just need someone to tell me how to upload the database every 4 months from the localhost to the webserver. I am new to web application desing with databases and web hosting.

In shorter words I want to put a link on my web page to the moodle webpage that I will create and in the moodle webpage will be a link to show the records in tabular form. The database is simple and just have two tables. No idea on how to put the database online.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Einar Rosario

Re: How do I use moodle to manage a mysql database and integrating the webpage to my website?

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

What is wix?

In reply to Marcus Green

Re: How do I use moodle to manage a mysql database and integrating the webpage to my website?

by Einar Rosario -

wix is a company that allows designer to develop web page on their web site and provides web hosting. But no database support.

I want to make a link from my wix page to moodle. I am learning how to install apache and xamp to develop the moodle web site offline and then upload it to my web hoster. Is it posible?

by Hubert Chathi -

If I understand what you are trying to do, then no, it is not possible.  Moodle needs access to a database, so if your provider does not provide database support, then you can't use Moodle.

In reply to Hubert Chathi

by Einar Rosario -

I would need another web hoster I guess. And then put a link from the wix page to the secondary web page provider, like a redirecting link. Thanks for the reply.

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

The way you are talking suggests to me that you have already uploaded Moodle and installed it. Is this correct?

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Einar Rosario -

No, I installed it on my local computer using xamp. And now I am going to dig on how to desing the moodle web page with the student's email, e-transcripts,etc

by Einar Rosario -

I just want the students to log in to their accounts to send messages, download class activities in pdf, powerpoint, and see their transcript

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Is this a project you have to solve or are you planning on setting up your own Moodle site and running some courses? If so then you really need a good hosting company that you can rely on, as lots of hosting companies that offer cheap deals are not very good when it come to customer service.

In reply to Mary Evans

by Einar Rosario -

Yes that's exactly want I want to do. I need a good hosting provider to upload the web site with the database and a domain name different than the one of the company. I don't want to use a local server in my company and then hosting it online. Can you suggest a good hosting provider? Money is not an issue, but a good cost effective provider would be nice. Thanks for the reply.

In reply to Mary Evans

by Einar Rosario -

Can you recommend me a cheaper one. I am working for a small enterprise. The project is simple.