User enrollment interface changing ????

User enrollment interface changing ????

by Julien Thomas -
Number of replies: 4

Hello everybody,

I have a question about something strange ...

It looks like there is two different interfaces  to add user from enrolled user  in courses.

At the begining the ajax way ( see attached image ) to enroll user was everywhere on my moodle but some users had the other way with two columns within an other php page. Even with Ajax configure in their profile and in admin settings panel.

I made a full cache cleanup and then, I don't see the ajax way anymore, but the two columns.

I don't understand how this two way to enroll switch ...

Any ideas, solutions or explanations ?

Thanks smile

Attachment ajax.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Julien Thomas

Re: User enrollment interface changing ????

by sarah ryder -

I am also confused as to why there are 2 interfaces. If you click on Settings->Users->Enrolled users and then click on the Enrol users button you get the interface show above, but if you click on Settings->Users->Enrolment methods and then the enrol users icon next to manual enrolments you get the two column interface: https://moodle.yourdomain.edu/enrol/manual/manage.php?enrolid=1234

Is there a reason for this? Is there a decent way to change it so that there's only 1 interface? It's quite confusing for users.

In reply to Julien Thomas

by Sam Stegers -

Bump smile

A customer of us also has this experience. But it is very difficult to reproduce this behaviour.

Any help would be very helpfull.

Regards,

Sam

In reply to Sam Stegers

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Yes - I found this a few months ago in relation to cohort enrolments and posted similar. If only I could remember what I called my post then I could make a link to itthoughtful smile

EDIT: Ok - I did find it - here http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=200048 Not exactly the same issue but similar.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by ben reynolds -

I had this experience the past weekend, when our 2.2.+ was running verly slow. I'd click users > enrolled users > enrol and sometimes get the Ajax popup, sometimes get the 1.9 2-column enrollment version.

Our admin made some comment about running both versions at the same time, which totally made no sense to me.