Grades and actual tests

Grades and actual tests

by Ro Eng -
Number of replies: 1

We have just been approved to become degree granting  program.  One of my directors told me that we now have to keep 5 years of test results etc in MOODLE.  She also said that we have to keep the actual tests and have them available.  We currently require that the faculty download item analysis information every term and keep that data on a separate server.  We were told that is not good enough, that spreadsheets are not acceptable, it has to be the actual 'test'.  My current thought process is, we just keep 5 years of courses and keep all courses.  I believe this will dictate that we have to expand our server space.  Anyone have to do similar?  We have been trying to slim down our server space etc.  to try to keep it efficient..and we are trying to transition to 2.0 but now we will have to hold 1.9 data.  Any thoughts, suggestions?

In reply to Ro Eng

Re: Grades and actual tests

by Elena Ivanova -

At the end of every semester, we have copied our production instance to an archive one (fully functional install, where only instructors/admins would be allowed to go).

Then we have deleted "old courses" from production. Each archive would hold only one semester of courses. Production can be upgraded as usual, with archive instances staying on old moodle versions.
Repeat every semester smile