Moodle 2 - bulk delete files in My private files repository?

Moodle 2 - bulk delete files in My private files repository?

by Joseph Rézeau -
Number of replies: 9
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

How can I bulk delete files in My private files repository in M2?

Deleting one file takes 3 clicks. If I have to delete 10 files this means 30 clicks! Where is the "good old 1.9" feature of checkboxes ... with selected files... delete?

Or is it so obvious I am missing something?

Joseph

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

Re: Moodle 2 - bulk delete files in My private files repository?

by robin leveque -

Hi Joseph,

In fact i observe the same problem with you. I think that there isn't a solution again for bulk delete file.
And now moodle 1.9 is old school :p. We must adapt to moodle 2 (good luck).

greeting

In reply to robin leveque

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

But it's also a good idea to adapt Moodle 2.x so that it suits users needs wink

Séverin

In reply to Séverin Terrier

by Enrique Castro -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

My +1 here

People will tend to add lots of files. And if deleting is not easy the "my files" place will become a garbage bin.

by Lael ... -

+1 for bulk delete

In reply to Lael ...

by Rex Lorenzo -

Joseph, you should create a tracker issue for this request and then we can vote on it there. From my understanding, core looks at the most voted on issues to decided what goes on the roadmap for the next release.

In reply to Rex Lorenzo

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

@Rex,

As I understand it, the "usual" procedure for a new feature request/improvement is to discuss it in the forums first. Then, if enough interest is generated, a "new feature/improvement" can be requested in the bug tracker. Please also be aware that there are quite a few such entries in the tracker which have gathered a large number of votes and are still not waiting for integration...

Anyway, I have created MDL-33671 for anyone interested to vote for.

Joseph

by Jean-Michel Védrine -

Joseph,

I think you should post a message about MDL-33671 in the repositories forum because a lot of Moodle users don't visit the General developper forum (the word "developper" is somewhat intimidating for a lot of Moodlers wink).

In reply to Jean-Michel Védrine

by Joseph Rézeau -

Thanks for the suggestion, Jean-Michel. I'll do it.

Joseph

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators

Yep, I voted too. I have about 60 files I want to get rid of, that's 180 clicks. I uploaded and unzipped a well populated zip file sad