How do I go about getting the Chinese language pack uploading into my Moodle site?

How do I go about getting the Chinese language pack uploading into my Moodle site?

by Sarah Cater -
Number of replies: 2

Has anyone added a language pack to an existing site? I'm running Moodle 1.9

Also,  will it change the whole site or can I have a course with just a certain language?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sarah Cater

Re: How do I go about getting the Chinese language pack uploading into my Moodle site?

by Robert Brenstein -
Site admin should just load the desired languages through the language administration section of the admin interface. More languages can be loaded than actively used since admin sets in the site config which languages are available on the site and how they are used. Normally, each user can choose which language they prefer from the available set (in their profile), although they can change the language any time if the language popup menu on the front page is shown.. Each teacher can enforce a certain language in their course. This is done in course settings. This all applies to the interface texts.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Robert Brenstein

Re: How do I go about getting the Chinese language pack uploading into my Moodle site?

by Sarah Cater -

Thank you Robert - i will speak to our site admin smile