We are currently planning to set up several courses to use ldap authentication/enrollment. We have MS Active Directory. I have set up the OU and groups for the courses. When I add users in the group, they seem to enrol successfully. However, when I put a group instead of a user, the user can login (creates an entry in the users) but does not seem to enrol.
Here is a bit more information of what I am trying to do.
Course name: OHSTraining
1. I have created an OU, StudentEnrollment in the AD and created a group OHSTraining.
2. Added a user, student1 in the OHSTraining group.
3. Tried to login and everything works fine. Student1 is automatically enrolled as expected.
4. Since we have some Groups already in our AD, eg HR group has all HR employees. I thought if I can add the HR group in the OHSTraining Group. (Say HR group as 2 users, hruser1 and hruser2)
5. Tried to login to moodle using hruser1 and logged in successfully, however it hasn't enrolled hruser1 to this course automatically. Same for hruser2.
Therefore student1 login works fine and enrolls automatically but HR logins don't seem to enroll. I have attached the settings.