What is table name which theme settings are store?

What is table name which theme settings are store?

by Suraj Malinga -
Number of replies: 2

Where to save my theme settings in database? I mean, what is the table name related to theme settings?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Suraj Malinga

Re: What is table name which theme settings are store?

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Suraj,

I could well be wrong here, but I don't think the settings are stored in the database at all.

Very few themes have a database component in them and those that do, you would need to look at the way that has been written to find what tables are used. For the majority of themes, there is no code in the theme to either write settings to the database or to read any which are held in there.

For those which have a settings page, most of the settings are directly applied to the css aand are then cached (I think the cache file is in the moodledata folder), or are used in the layout files.

HTH

Richard

In reply to Suraj Malinga

Re: What is table name which theme settings are store?

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

They are stored in the database under mdl_config_plugins

However you will need to search for them. If you sort by 'plugins' then you will be able to get to the set of records which form your settings data, as there will be many pages to scroll through as I found when I searched in phpMyAdmin some weeks ago.

Here's a screen shot...

mdl_config_plugins

Cheers

Mary

Average of ratings: Useful (3)