force users to complete custom profile fileds when login

Re: force users to complete custom profile fileds when login

by Mathias Chouet -
Number of replies: 4

Hi Albert,

The plugin is now configurable : you can decide whether non-mandatory fields are taken in account or not.
All messages are configurable, too.

I'm still confused with how to declare a plugin to Moodle's repository - many weeks after registering it, still no news mixed
But the GitHub version should work (works on a production site using Moodle 3.0).

Any feedback is very appreciated, thanks for your interest.

Greetings,

Mathias

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Mathias Chouet

by Dave Emsley -

Hi Mathias,

Great block, thanks.  This does EXACTLY what is needed.  I love the fact that if all is completed then the block does not appear AT ALL - that's a great touch.

Cheers

Dave

In reply to Dave Emsley

by Mathias Chouet -

Hi Dave.

Glad to read that this plugin does what you needed, thanks for your message.

The plugin is now officially available here : https://moodle.org/plugins/block_completeyourprofile

Greetings,

Mathias

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Mathias Chouet

by Dom F -

Hi Mathias

I have found my way here because as a Moodle 2.7 user I was pretty shocked and mortified to find that those of us using Moodle 2.7 (and believe me I have good reasons if you've seen my website!) have sort of been abandoned with the fix only available to Moodle 3.x

Can I confirm the following?

1. Does your module work in Moodle 2.7? (if not then am I truly screwed?)

2. Does it fix this glaring error in the core code by popping up a window on the users PROFILE PAGE only - or somewhere else? 

3.Does it "invite" the user to complete all the required registration info they missed due to this nasty bug - OR is it just a nag - or compulsory or something else. (I ask as my experience is that unless its compulsory most people dont bother with their profile page - they are called teachers and students)

Do let me know, I'm not a happy camper that Moodle 2.7 users are orphaned by the decision not to support the fix in this version.

In reply to Dom F

by Mathias Chouet -

Hi Dom,

Not sure that I correctly understood your questions, here are a few answer elements.

1. I have no idea if complete_your_profile works with Moodle 2.7, I didn't test smile sorry about that. But it should, as it involves only simple mechanisms (a few SELECT in the database).

2. Unfortunately it doesn't fix any core code, it's just a plugin that adds more code.

3. This block shows a message and a button in the block region where you added it. The button takes the user to his/her profile page and does nothing more. Unless the profile page is "complete" (according to the block options you chose), the message and button will keep appearing. But it doesn't force the user, it just suggests/advises to complete their profile.

Hope I answered your questions,

Greetings,

Mathias