Quiz Port question

Quiz Port question

by Bohdana Navrátilová -
Number of replies: 6

Hello, I would like to know if it's possible to change the setting of the quiz port exercise so that it stays on the screen after the student finishes it and checks the results? The way we have it now is that the exercise closes once it has been finished and students only see how successful they were without the possibility to look at the finished exercise for some time.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bohdana Navrátilová

Re: Quiz Port question

by Glenys Hanson -

Hi Bohdana,

Nice to see you here. smile

Yes, you can control that with QuizPort.

When you create the exercise (or edit it), scroll down to the section  "Access control" and click on the "Show advanced" button.

Then in Delay 3 "Time delay at the end of the quiz" you will find a dropdown menu which will give you several possibilities.

I choose "Wait till student clicks OK" so they they can decide how long they want to look at the completed exercise.

Cheers,

Glenys

Attachment 2012-06-03_22-44-38.jpg
In reply to Glenys Hanson

by Bohdana Navrátilová -

Thanks a lot, Glenys. I think we need to upgrade, I only have Delay 1 and Delay 2 in the advanced options of access control sad I will write to our webmaster immediately and see what happens.

by Glenys Hanson -

You must have a really ancient version, Bohdana, because Delay 3 has been around for a long time - at least two years, I think.

Current version is: 2008040132

Cheers,

Glenys

In reply to Glenys Hanson

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Bohdana,
I think you are looking at the wrong page. I think you are looking at the QuizPort activity settings page, but you should be looking at the QuizPort *quiz* settings page.

There is no "Delay 3" setting on the page for editing a QuizPort activity. That page has the title that begins with "Updating QuizPort".

The "Delay "3 setting is on the settings page for each quiz within a QuizPort activity. Each quiz within a QuizPort activity has its own settings page. You can get to a QuizPort quiz's settings page by clicking the edit icon, edit, next to the title when you are viewing the QuizPort quiz. The title at the top of a QuizPort quiz's settings page says "Updating: Quiz". That page has a "Delay 3" setting on it. If you can't see it there, you need to click the "Show advanced" button within the "Access control" section of the page.

HTH
Gordon

In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Bohdana Navrátilová -

Thanks Gordon, it did help. You are right, I was looking at the wrong page. Today I managed to change some of the QuizPort activities using the Delay, maybe it's possible to change all of them at the same time using one model and filter?

I also discovered the Resume button. Does it allow students to come back to an activity and start where they finished? So far, if the student didn't finish all the exercises at one go, they had to start from the scratch again. On the other hand, I want the students to be able to repeat the same exercise again for the second or third time, so I'm not sure whether or not try that button out smile

Have a nice day,

Bohdana

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Bohdana

> maybe it's possible to change all of them (=the
> Delay 3 settings on all quizzes in all QuizPorts)
> at the same time using one model and filter?

Yes, you can do this as follows

1. go to the "Edit quizzes" page for any of your QuizPort activities
  2. select "Access control" from the "Show columns" drop-down menu
  3. if necessary, edit one of the quizzes to make sure its "Delay 3" setting is set to the value you want to apply to all the other QuizPort quizzes
  4. on the "Edit Quizz" page, select the checkbox at the top of the "Delay 3" column
  5. in the "Default" column, select a quiz with the desired "Delay 3" setting
  6. at the bottom of the page, select "Apply selected default values", and then select "Quizzes matching the following filters
  7. click the "Go" button

OK, you've done it. All the quizzes in all the QuizPorts in that course now use the new "Delay 3" setting.

Note that if you want to apply this setting to all quizzes in all QuizPort in the whole site, you can do that too. The instructions are the same as above, except that after step 6, you select "All" from the "Course" filter.

The resume button on the entry page for a QuizPort will allow students to resume their work from where they left off last time. For example, if they stopped halfway through quiz 4 in a unit of 8 quizzes, then the resume buton will let them resume from quiz 4 without having to redo quizzes 1, 2 and 3.

If you want to let them attempt the quizzes any number of times, then set the "Attempts allowed" setting to "Unlimited attempts" on both the QuizPort activity settings page and each quiz's settings pages.

If you want to force students to do the quizzes in order the first time, but once they have done completed the activity give them free, unfettered access to the quizzes, then set the QuizPort activity's "Allow free access" setting to something other than "No".

enjoy!
Gordon