Quiz moderation

Quiz moderation

by Tabitha Parker (was Roder) -
Number of replies: 1

I am getting repeated requests from teachers asking about how to send quizzes for pre-moderation, and quiz results for post moderation, so they can use quiz for online exams.

I am wondering which forum is best to discuss this as I think it is probably something needed by many higher education institutes and it might be that a tool could be developed to assist with the proccess of moderation of exams. If we can get a discussion going, then we might be able to scope what is required.

The request seems to be that for pre-exam moderation you need to export a view of the quiz that shows all the questions with the right and wrong answers, as well as all the feedback and score related to each question. For post-exam moderation there needs to be a way to pick out three participants results (top, middle, bottom) and export them to give to the moderator. It might be that the best export method is to .pdf into pre-exam moderation file and a post-exam moderation file.

Is anyone else interested in a tool like this? What would be important to your learning institute?

I have discussed with someone from another institute, they call the "moderator" the "examiner" so the terms might need some further thought. Also she suggests it would be good for the person receiving the file to be able to pretend to take the exam so they see it as the student would (particularly if questions and/or answers are randomised). 

Looking forward to hearing from others.

Average of ratings: -