matching question

matching question

Julie Goodburn -
回帖数:11

Hi there

I am having difficulty with two matching questions in lessons.

The correct answers always come up as being incorrect. I have made sure that there is a grade attached to the correct answer, double checked spelling etc. Cleaned up messy code, stripped all formatting. i have even changed the settings to match that of a lesson that i have established previously (where the matching questions behave correctly) yet still they come up as being wrong!!!!

The two questions in seperate lessons that i have created have about 10 matches, i wonder if this has anything to do with it?

It is a practice lesson, retakes allowed. Oh and I am using 2.2

Anyone help me? Please i am going crazy!

回复Julie Goodburn

Re: matching question

Joseph Rézeau -
Core developers的头像 Particularly helpful Moodlers的头像 Plugin developers的头像 Testers的头像 Translators的头像

Hi Julie,

It would be easier for us to look into your problem if you simply ... posted those problematic matching questions attached to your post!

Joseph

回复Joseph Rézeau

Joseph Rézeau -
Core developers的头像 Particularly helpful Moodlers的头像 Plugin developers的头像 Testers的头像 Translators的头像

@Julie : BUMP!

回复Joseph Rézeau

Julie Goodburn -

Thanks Joseph, will post settings etc shortly, I have been working on another job for the past week!

回复Julie Goodburn

Julie Goodburn -

Here is the screen shot of the matching question - there are 8 questions in all. In the next post I will do a screen shot of the settings for the lesson.

附件 screenshot_troubled matching question.PNG
回复Julie Goodburn

Joseph Rézeau -

Thanks for the screenshots, Julie. But so I can try to replicate the problem on my own Moodle local test site, could you please provide the text of your question and matching pairs as text. So I can copy-paste rather than re-type them?

TIA

Joseph

回复Joseph Rézeau

Robert Dumke -

I hope you don't mind if I join in the dilema.  I've hit the same snag today.  Correct response still brings up the incorrect message.

Here are the details of my matching pairs in a Lesson:

To avoid confusion, please know that our rubric uses ratings of 1, 3 or 5.

Thanks,

Bob

MatchingFirst answer should jump to the "Correct" page
Correct answer score: 1
Correct answer jump: Your Role
Wrong response

Please try again.

Wrong answer score: 0
Wrong answer jump: This page
Answer 1: • often acts on impulse. 
• is unable to resolve conflicts. 
• is unable to come to a solution even with teacher support.
• needs strong support from the teacher to move through classroom routines. 
• is often found off-task or wandering around the room.
Matches with answer 1: 1
Answer 2: • takes turns & shares at times. 
• verbally describes how they are feeling. 
• relates to other children. 
• shows empathy by providing verbal support and comfort.
• moves smoothly through classroom routines.
Matches with answer 2: 5
Answer 3: • can resolve conflict with teacher’s support and guidance without needing to be removed from the situation. 
• begins to understand others’ feelings — may comment on them, but not act on them or relate to their own feelings. 
• engages more in the routines of the classroom 
• asks for assistance when needed.
Matches with answer 3: 3
回复Robert Dumke

Julie Goodburn -

Hi there 

This problem has been driving me crazy, if I can't get it to work I am going to change it completely.

this is for a different question to my original post, here is the raw question data:

Supervisors: Responsible for making sure all staff and clients safe
Workers and Supervisors:Work safely, take care of self and don't endanger others
Supervisors:Hold Safety Training sessions eg. Manual Handling
Workers and Supervisors:Report hazards
Supervisors:Provide safety equipment eg gloves
Supervisors:Make sure that there are policies and procedures about safety and they are followed.
Workers:Talk to their supervisors and co workers about any safety issue
Workers and Supervisors:Report any hazards

I am going to paste what i have done so far to try and work out the problem. 

Step 1

Made a new matching question and made the Q&A: a = apple, b=balloon, c= carrot etc so straight forward no confusion.

Result: It worked

Step 2:

I progressively replaced one question and answer at a time to my original question.

First  two fine, third one glitched.

Conclusion: can't have matching to two of the same answers eg a=apple and a= adam because of the ordering problem

Step 3: Changed matching answer to a paragraph answer for two of the questions. Changed to paragraphs due to problem above. 

Result: glitched.

Step 4: changed matching answers to two questions, 1 with a paragraph one with a single answer

Result: Worked

Step 5: changed matching questions to paragraph answer for 2 questions in total.

Result: glitched again!!!

My conclusion here is

• you can't have more than one paragraph answer to a question in a matching question. To me this isnt reasonable.
  • Nor can you have more than one question matching the same answer due to the order in which you set it up. This also to me does not seem reasonable. 

Please help if you can.

Kind Regards

Julie

回复Julie Goodburn

Julie Goodburn -

Here are the lesson settings for the above question

附件 Capture.PNG
回复Julie Goodburn

Julie Goodburn -

Have resolved the issue, in the 3 problematic questions, I either change the order of the matches  eg. instead of A=Adam changed to Adam=A, or just re did in a new question. All now working.

Gosh I wish I had done that first, this has been very time consuming. The error still doesn't make sense though!!

回复Julie Goodburn

Bruce Goode -

Thanks for posting.  I too am having the same problem with matching questions with just two options and match questions with many options each used once.  Still doesn't make sense to me.