I wasn't sure where to post this but I don't think it's a technical issue (at least not with a current functionality) and what I'm really wanting is to get feedback and maybe initiate a little brainstorming session so, hopefully this is the appropriate place.
I'm wanting to set up an area (in the form of a module, block, plugin, etc.) in a course (or on the front page of a Moodle instance) where students who have accounts in the Moodle instance can register for (sign up, enroll, etc.) a one-time lesson (or multiple lessons if so desired). The lessons are fact to face sessions not lessons/courses that are conducted within Moodle. The area (module, etc.) should allow me to:
- specify the number of participants that can register for any one lesson
- possibly allow for a wait list
- allow students to cancel their registration (it would be nice if this functionality were adjustable at the teacher/admin level)
- Export lists of students who have registered for a lesson
- Allow the teacher (or an admin) to check (within the module etc.) students that actually attended the lesson.
- Ideally, allow for bulk import of lesson sessions (times, dates, location, instructor) & export of all lessons, registrations, attendance data (if recorded) that exist within the module
I've experimented with the following:
The booking module
The registration module
The scheduler module
The Sign Up Sheets block (available here) (only for 1.9)
I haven't tried the face-to-face module yet because it's only available for 1.9 but I will experiment with it a little as well.
But haven't found any that work (contain all of the features/functionality listed above). Sign up sheets is close and very slick (nice design) but it's not ready for 2.X and I don't know when, or if, it will be.
It seems like this type of scenario should be fairly easy to deal with in Moodle but, unless I'm completely missing something (which is always possible), I haven't been able to accomplish what I want yet.
Does anyone have any advice or pointers that might get me going in the right direction?
Thanks in advance