Would a Wiki Work Best? Class and Individual Portfolios

Would a Wiki Work Best? Class and Individual Portfolios

by Anthony Dunn -
Number of replies: 1

I am teaching American History II (American History from 1865 until the Present) at a community college.  I have created a theme for the course where students apply and work at a hypothetical historical newspaper.  Each assignment relates directly to this theme, from there application to the newspaper and their vertical progression through the company.  At the end of the semester, the student will have completed a variety of assignments.  I want to create a individual portfolios and a class portfolio to track the development of this course and create a research tool for writing an article on the pedagogy of this course.

Would an individual wiki work well for a individual portfolio, where an each assignment gets an individual wiki page?

Could I use a group wiki for the entire class where they each post there assignment under the corresponding assignment title?  What I am thinking is that this group wiki would have several main pages, such as Applicant Cover Letter, Obituary Assignment, Internal Memo etc...  Then each student would get an individual subpage.  So then there would be say 25 sub pages for each main page.  I want to organize the student work in a way that I can access easily in the future.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Average of ratings: -