In-line quizzes (not online)

In-line quizzes (not online)

by Dom London -
Number of replies: 5

Dear Louge

Has anyone every seen INLINE quizzes - ie quizzes that are in the body text of a topic and not at the bottom and off to a separate page.

Just simple questions multiple choice. They dont even need to be recorded grades (how shocking right?) Just quick simple tests of understanding that can be seeded inside the topic text, to give a snapshot test of readers knowldge...

Dom

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dom London

Re: In-line quizzes (not online)

by Don Hinkelman -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Just what Moodle needs. I recommend you make it a feature request for either the Book Module, or Page Resource.

You can do this in Moodle now using any e-learning course-authoring package (maybe like Captivate). They produce a SCORM package which Moodle can integrate. Many of them have INPAGE questions or ENDOFPAGE questions in a little box that quickly tells you the answer (no recorded grade is an option) to a multiple choice question.

I have not used one of these, but someone on this forum can recommend a good course authoring package. I hope to use iBooks Author in the future, if it is opened up more. If you get no answers here, go the SCORM Module forums in Using Moodle--its a better place than these Social Forums.

In reply to Dom London

by Ralf Hilgenstock -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators

Hi Dom

I also see this as a requirement that is often asked. As workaround you can use a Moodle quiz and wrap question by description elements on a page.

Ralf

Attachment quiz.jpg
In reply to Ralf Hilgenstock

by Dom London -

Hi Ralf

Many thanks - Im afraid though I dont think I fully understand the suggestion? "wrap question by description elements on the page" ?

Apologies - Im keen to follow your ideas

Best

Dom

In reply to Dom London

by Ralf Hilgenstock -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators

Dom

its more a workaround.

• Create a quiz.
  • Create a description if you are asked to add questions
    Add a question on the same page
    Add a description after the question
  • Create next description to next question page
    Add two more questions
    Add a description
  • and so on.

You can define for each page that 1 or more elements are used. You can combine description elements and question elements on a quiz page.

Attachment q2.png