suggestions for new features "phpBB-like":

suggestions for new features "phpBB-like":

by Fabio Serenelli -
Number of replies: 9

In PhpBB, Polls can be simply added to posts ...is it so easy also for moodle?

1. It would be interesting on makeing group decisions  to insert a simple poll to a post and verify the consent about the options or maybe just voting...
  2. why don't insert an Email-like private messaging system?
  3. what about a Watched Topics List?
  4. and a Favorite Topics List?
just suggestions to simplify  the forums use for projects coordination
smile
faBio serenelli
www.collettiva-mente.biz
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Fabio Serenelli

Re: suggestions for new features "phpBB-like":

by Don Hinkelman -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Fabio,
The poll idea is an excellent one.  I would use it a lot.  For example, I often want my students (English as a foreign language) to explain the reasons for their choice in 1-2 sentences.  A combined poll/forum would make that soooo easy.
  1. Wonderful idea, but we need someone to program it.  Donations anyone?
  2. Private messaging is already part of version 1.5--coming soon.
  3. I like this.
  4. I like this.
Question to Block designers, is #3 and #4 possible with the new "Blocks" function in 1.5?
In reply to Don Hinkelman

by Fabio Serenelli -
hi Don! what do you mean with:

"...Question to Block designers..." i've got to post this question in another forum?

thanks!
faBio
In reply to Don Hinkelman

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Re: Poll option.....
It would probably be easier to allow blocks to be added to the forums pages, than have the choice inside a forum posting - (see slashdot) - I don't think you can add blocks to the forum pages yet, but it should be possible soon,.... then create a "Choice" block, that displays a choice right inside the block on that page. -I've been playing a bit with the choice mod, I'll have a look to see how easy it will be to create a block like this.......

smile

Dan

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Genner Cerna -
perhaps you could check http://phorum.org

very nice features and can easilly integrade with moodle..., hope forum will improve its reading message interface. just like phpbb or phorum
In reply to Genner Cerna

by An Re -

Do u mean to use phorum in external or fully integrated in Moodle??

Tnx

In reply to Dan Marsden

by W Page -
Hi Dan!

The problem with using blocks is that it would be difficult to maintain many ongoing polls. Also, it would not really allow forum users to post their own polls [If that feature is turned on.]. The easier way would be to have the polls within a thread with some notation in the thread list indicating which threads also had polls associated with them.

Now, if the admin or teacher had a specific poll that was not really related to a specific thread they wanted to run, I could see placing a poll within a block which would be seen by the entire site, or placed on a specific course page, web page (like Janne is working on), activity or resource page [Which seems to be in the future for Moodle], etc.

Anyone have any more feelings about this?

WP1

In reply to W Page

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi WP1,

fair enough...... I don't think I will get a chance to integrate the choice mod into the forum... I might get a chance to develop a new block that displays a choice though...... I'll see how things go.

smile

Dan

In reply to Dan Marsden

by An Re -

One poll per post

or

a lateral block with all posts?

What do u think it's better or however more simple to develope?

Thanks

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Fabio Serenelli -

...thanks for suggestions; we are trying with simple links to the polls in the course; maybe i will try to make something better with the next Moodle Version.

so..."I'll see how things go" like you Dan!

faBio smile