Help! Site-Wide Feedback Module Can't be Completed by Students

Help! Site-Wide Feedback Module Can't be Completed by Students

by Mary Haley -
Number of replies: 6

Do I have to locally assign the student role to each student in every course I put the feedback block?  I need a site-wide feedback activity that every student, no matter what course(s) he or she has, to be able to complete one time.

I potentially have hundreds or perhaps even thousands of students who I will want to be able to complete this feedback when they first hit my Moodle site.

Is this possible?

Mary Haley

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mary Haley

Re: Help! Site-Wide Feedback Module Can't be Completed by Students

by Jason De Donno -

There are probably a few ways to do it. One that I know is to put it on the Front page, then hide it. Then you can put links to it from wherever you want.

You could set it to anonymous and give guest permissions (for answering only) if you want to allow vistors to fill it in without being logged in.

If it's for enrolled students, you could create a "Members Area" for which would in fact be a course masquerading as a lobby. All students, regardless of what courses they are doing, would be enrolled here. You could add a feedback module here.

Hope this helps.

In reply to Jason De Donno

by Mary Haley -

I forgot to mention that I created the feedback on the front page.  The link to complete it is not there for students when they click on the feedback, nor is it there for them when they click on the feedback in the feedback block inside a course.

In reply to Mary Haley

by Itamar Tzadok -

With the designated feedback activity on your front page you could simply add a static link in the custom menu (if you use it) or the footer (see Site administration Appearance Additional HTML) and this link will appear on every page and allow access to the feedback activity from everywhere on the site. smile

In reply to Itamar Tzadok

by Mary Haley -

My problem is that, even on the front page, when I log in as a student, I can't complete the Feedback.  It appears that wherever the feedback is, I have to assign a role. 

Thank you for your help.  Any ideas?

In reply to Mary Haley

by Itamar Tzadok -

I no longer use the Feedback module for this purpose (I use the Dataform instead) so I can offer only guesses.

What's your front page default role? By default it should be authenticated user on front page. Now check permissions for your Feedback activity. It should allow view and write permissions for role authenticated users on front page or whatever role that is your front page role (except for guest, if that's your frontpage role, because guests are unconditionally denied write permission).

See if any of that works for you. smile

In reply to Itamar Tzadok

by Mary Haley -

Thank you, Itamar.  I changed my default front page role to student and then checked to ensure that the feedback activity on the front page permitted students to view and complete the feedback.

I am getting the same error message I got before when I try to access the feedback activity as a student:  Invalid course module ID.

Any ideas? 

Mary